Turn on thread page Beta

Im thinking of starting a business watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    search google for business startup advice.

its a viable idea, but don't be under any illusion of how hard it can/probably will be to start up and run a successful business like that.
    thank you
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I look forward to seeing your business plan as I can't see a penny in what you think you are offering. Have you actually worked out where you fit in to purchasing the tickets and where you actually make the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamz0770)
    I wouldn't say its a fair chunk?

As far as I understand it, a Ltd. company can be set up and registered for under £150?
    Yep you can get an off-the-hook company for around that price, but with a limited company you have much stricter laws around things like accounting which mean you pretty much have to hire an accountant and that kind of stuff drives the cost up.

Still at the level the OPs looking to invest it's still pretty affordable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    You mean like a social event organiser, it does exist but by all means go for it if you have the time and money.
    the girl in your sig :drool:
    then i realised she was a UFC fighter,
    shed be hittin me more than id be hittin her

ReputationRep:
    Silly idea as you don't appear to have a sound business plan, the economic time means it just isn't sensible to set up a business right now, you'd be better off sitting out the recession, keeping your hard earned money should anything go wrong in relation to your job and in your spare time, properly think through the idea of starting up a business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    her eyes are red
    :shock::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    not only that, she's wearing a Newcastle strip. WITCH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    not only that, she's wearing a Newcastle strip. WITCH

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn her!
    :mob: :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn her!
    :mob: :mob:
    :mob: :mob::mob: :mob::mob: :mob::mob: :mob::mob: :mob::mob: :mob::mob: :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Silly idea as you don't appear to have a sound business plan, the economic time means it just isn't sensible to set up a business right now, you'd be better off sitting out the recession, keeping your hard earned money should anything go wrong in relation to your job and in your spare time, properly think through the idea of starting up a business.
    This. Particularly a business in this sector, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like theres enough money to be made to make it worthy, plus demand is obviously much lower in a recession. And maybe you dont have the time to run a business..no uni/school commitments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    Yep you can get an off-the-hook company for around that price, but with a limited company you have much stricter laws around things like accounting which mean you pretty much have to hire an accountant and that kind of stuff drives the cost up.

Still at the level the OPs looking to invest it's still pretty affordable.
    Ah point taken, I was only really taking into account the original set up costs of the company and not bearing in mind the extra costs that being Ltd. may incur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    This. Particularly a business in this sector, anyway.
    Im planing to have thin margins so I get less profit but more trade by being cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadyg)
    Doesn't sound like theres enough money to be made to make it worthy, plus demand is obviously much lower in a recession. And maybe you dont have the time to run a business..no uni/school commitments?
    I work but this will mainly be online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by existance)
    Im planing to have thin margins so I get less profit but more trade by being cheap
    Yes but unless you get an explosion of business, you'll eat up all your capital pretty fast, trading with thin margins. You have to find a way to make your service more value added. At the moment, all you're doing is being a middle man, you're not exactly co-ordinating a state visit. Unless you can arrange a deal with Tussauds (for example) to cut your cost in buying the tickets, or get something complimentary thrown in for your punters, I don't see how I can't just phone up Alton Towers, say "I've got a party of 8 that wants to come to your amusement park. Can I book a group ticket please?" and then hire a minibus, or easier, get 2 people to drive.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.