Eng lit - B
    Eng Lan - B
    Maths - B
    French - B
    Business Studies - B

So overal 3 A*'s, 2A's, 5B's

Any good?

ReputationRep:
    I think they are fine if you get high As grades to apply with and lots of exp good statement.
    There have been offers with better, offers with worse grades.

ReputationRep:
    compared to mine 9A* and 2 A's not really mind you there will be people who are alot worse and better than me to be honest. All relative to your background.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatleboar)
    compared to mine 9A* and 2 A's not really mind you there will be people who are alot worse and better than me to be honest. All relative to your background.
    Yes. You finally got the chance to brag and you took it. No one asked to compare with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Yes. You finally got the chance to brag and you took it. No one asked to compare with you.
    i knew some numptoid would say something like this, I am simply stating it in relevance how good it is compared to someone else. Its only when you compare it against someone else's resutls can you determin whether your results are good or not. However gernally speaking they are very good results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Maybe not for Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester, but they are fine for the majority.
    Damn...was definately considering Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Good Taste In Music He Has Also .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    Damn...was definitely considering Liverpool
    what course are you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    they may restrict you for the university of pune (india).

ReputationRep:
    Those results are BRILLIANT!!! Maybe I just go to a crappy school... But don't let all the genius people on here get you down. GCSE's don't really count much later anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    They're alright, but becareful where you're applying. Focus on your As levels , ps, work exp/vol/extra cur and any alptitude test you might have to face.

ReputationRep:
    i knew some numptoid would say something like this, I am simply stating it in relevance how good it is compared to someone else. Its only when you compare it against someone else's resutls can you determin whether your results are good or not. However gernally speaking they are very good results.
    oh dear.... i think, believe it or not, that even someone WITHOUT 9A*s could have figured out that getting 3A*s isn't as good as getting 9, it wasn't entirely necessary to subtley drop that in there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've already finished my A-levels...gonna be applying during my gap year. May need to resit some A-level exams to AAA overall cos i dont think i did too good in one of ma chem papers extenuating circumstances

ReputationRep:
    Actually, i agree comparison is key to determining answers to things ok. But you came across as an arrogant child, '' ooo compared to mine it's not good'. Why? Why use yourself, when you know theres a chance people will percieve your comment like that?

ReputationRep:
    Good Taste In Music He Has Also .
    Yeah... i have a great taste in music...THANKS!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowpolkadotbikini)
    oh dear.... i think, believe it or not, that even someone WITHOUT 9A*s could have figured out that getting 3A*s isn't as good as getting 9, it wasn't entirely necessary to subtley drop that in there :rolleyes:
    look here you lol , I can see how some people can see that I am trying to show off or something I am just saying that people with different backgrounds consider different results to be good. I am lucky in the fact I am from a reasonably privilged background so fellow students of mine would see them as quite poor and mine as quite average where as if he was from a lesser established school he could have very very good results etc.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but did you really have to say that?

OP you have a great chance of going to a good uni with those grades.

Take it from my cousin doing dentistry - 1A* 6A 3B and got a conditional at Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    Science Dual Award - A*A*
    R.S - A*
    I.T- A
    History - A
    Eng lit - B
    Eng Lan - B
    Maths - B
    French - B
    Business Studies - B

So overal 3 A*'s, 2A's, 5B's

Any good?
    good enough for what...if you want to do nursing which can ask for DDD at a level...or some other random subject that doesn't focus much on gcses then yeah... if you're thinking of medicine then you need to work pretty hard...but they aren't awful, you're above average and a normal person would say you're smart...remember there are people with gcses : F U D G E and E G G, so count yourself lucky :P

ReputationRep:
    You have a chance.

Make sure you are a strong overall candidate.

Good luck mate, which uni's you going to apply to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.