Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What have been your rebound experiences? What would you define as a rebound person/relationship?

I've met this guy, he's really good looking and friendly but he's just come out of a long-term relationship.

I really like him, but I don't want to be just his rebound. Should I take it any further, he's being very forward (in a charming way) and eager with me.

ReputationRep:
    if all she wants is sex..

take things sloooow.. should be cool..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    i feel sorry for the creature.
    Coming from a person who is drowning within a sea of red negative reputation? Clearly, quite a few females and males (it wouldn't surprise me if you were in the closet) wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.

ReputationRep:
    I think, as long as he seems interested in you it's fine, but i would tread carefully in terms of getting too intimate too soon...i've made that mistake, and i think i'm making it right now lol

And as for experiences...well the guy i'm seeing has this ex who regularly calls him to talk, and he apparently hates her - he has her listed in his phone as 'the b****' and refers to her as that, but i can't help wondering when he brings her up in conversation every so often

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex Talionis)
    You know what they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference...
    This.

If they talk about their ex constantly, even if its hate, its generally rebound.

ReputationRep:
    i would take anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    i would take anything.
    At the moment i think i would too, so sick of being single.

ReputationRep:
    I want a rebound.

So sick of my damn ex getting into my head every day and my dreams every night.

But yes OP he may be using you to get over his ex / make her jealous / whatever. He might genuinely like you at the same time however so don't shun him just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    This.

If they talk about their ex constantly, even if its hate, its generally rebound.
    He hasn't mentioned her so far, just that he came out of a long-term relationship.

I'm still quite worried, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    He hasn't mentioned her so far, just that he came out of a long-term relationship.

I'm still quite worried, though.

How long-term are we talking? And how long has it been since the break up?

Take it slow, make sure he's there for your company before taking it any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    How long-term are we talking? And how long has it been since the break up?
    They were together for about 6 months, broke up a couple of months ago. So I suppose the gap isn't too bad (not straight after at least).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    They were together for about 6 months, broke up a couple of months ago. So I suppose the gap isn't too bad (not straight after at least).
    That's not too bad. I would say keep it slow, but go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I think a rebound too early even for the person rebounding might be dangerous as it can just make them think about their ex that much more if they are comparing them!

ReputationRep:
    NOPE,
    but thats just me, am a jerk
    i'm only attracted to girls who are not single
    make her break up
    and when shes single, i just dont talk 2 her
    am a jerk, can do nothing about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.