Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Didnt realy know where to post this so posted it here!

Anyways my mach 3 has gone kinda blunt and the blades seem to cost more than the actual razor. Before i actualy bought it, i had a look at fusion, the next one up mach 3. Every 1 is sayin tht it is a decent razor and reduces irritation. However it seems to have very bad reviews on amazon :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fus...7862609&sr=8-4

Is it really rubbish or am i looking at the wrong version of fusion as there are so many of these!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's really rubbish :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Well... I found out formyself recently how stupid the prices of mach 3 blades have become. Are they made of gold or something?

Anyway.... I bought some tripple blade disposables to tie me over.

Reccon i'll probably go back to using an open razor. MUCH closer shave. You just have to keep on top of keeping it sharpened and oiled.

Dovo of Solingen make the best razors.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Straight-Cut-Throat-Razor-Leather-Strop-Gift-Set-New_W0QQitemZ280370252305QQcmdZV iewItemQQptZUK_Health_HairRemova l_RL?hash=item41475e8a11&_trksid =p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12| 66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|293%3A1| 294%3A50

That'll get you started anyway. (ebay item number 280370252305 if the link wont work)

You'd just need to buy a badger hair shaving brush on top of that and you'd be sorted.

ReputationRep:
    My dad works with the Mach 3 and Fusion blades and bores me with info about it!!! The fusion blades are a much closer shave due to the five blades... as each blade moves accross the face, the hair is pulled out a little, cut then retracts back into the skin meaning if there are more blades, the shave will be closer.... Its basically a question of how much you are willing to pay to get a closer shave!! Sorry if that didn't make much sense! I was trying to summarise hours worth of babble into a few sentences which I am not really very good at!!! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by |jenny|)
    My dad works with the Mach 3 and Fusion blades and bores me with info about it!!! The fusion blades are a much closer shave due to the five blades... as each blade moves accross the face, the hair is pulled out a little, cut then retracts back into the skin meaning if there are more blades, the shave will be closer.... Its basically a question of how much you are willing to pay to get a closer shave!! Sorry if that didn't make much sense! I was trying to summarise hours worth of babble into a few sentences which I am not really very good at!!! Xxx

lulz i could swear you work for gillete

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_dow)
    lulz i could swear you work for gillete
    not me... my dad...

ReputationRep:
    It's a razor. Stop crying about irritation and be a man.

ReputationRep:
    I use a Fusion Power for my fortnightly shave, its all i need, its alright, i don't have any problems with it.

It vibrates for some reason, and i have no idea why it does.

ReputationRep:
    fusion > mach 3

thats from my experience anyway

ReputationRep:
    Tried the fusion 3 or 4 times and I have never liked it. Feels like its ripping out the hair and never gets it as smooth as the mach 3.
    It's almost like there are too many blades too close together so the hairs get ripped out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man)
    fusion > mach 3

thats from my experience anyway
    in wht way?

ReputationRep:
    I have only tried Fusion, but I'm getting a bit fed up doing it all the time so I might need to get an electric one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Well... I found out formyself recently how stupid the prices of mach 3 blades have become. Are they made of gold or something?

Anyway.... I bought some tripple blade disposables to tie me over.

Reccon i'll probably go back to using an open razor. MUCH closer shave. You just have to keep on top of keeping it sharpened and oiled.

Dovo of Solingen make the best razors.
    I'd be afraid to use an open razor in case I cut my neck open

Also, in my experience the fusion is far better than any of the others, including Wilkinson sword's versions, where I'd get better results with a butter knife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    in wht way?

i just find it easier to shave with it causes less irritation compared to the mach 3

ReputationRep:
    BTW can someone tell me whats the difference between the manual Fusion and the Electric one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atal)
    I'd be afraid to use an open razor in case I cut my neck open

Also, in my experience the fusion is far better than any of the others, including Wilkinson sword's versions, where I'd get better results with a butter knife

Nah, it's easy.
    You just have to get the angle of the blade right. Too shallow and you rip out hairs, to steep and you remove chunks of skin.

You need to hold the blade at 30 degree to the skin and do the easy bits first like cheeks and sideburns, remembering to use your other hand to keep the skin as taught as possible.

Then go round the difficult bits with a safety razor. As you become more confident with the cut throat you can start tackling the more difficult bits of the face.

You soon get the hang of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Nah, it's easy.
    You just have to get the angle of the blade right. Too shallow and you rip out hairs, to steep and you remove chunks of skin.

You need to hold the blade at 30 degree to the skin and do the easy bits first like cheeks and sideburns, remembering to use your other hand to keep the skin as taught as possible.

Then go round the difficult bits with a safety razor. As you become more confident with the cut throat you can start tackling the more difficult bits of the face.

You soon get the hang of it.
    which razor is this mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by |jenny|)
    Sorry but that's nonsence. A decent safety razor like a Merkur (one blade razor) can get a much closer shave than a 5 blade razor due to the quality of the blade.

Out of the two listed, I'd go for the fusion, but I'm buying a Merkur once I've got the money. The full set with all the stuff required is about £50. Worth it in the long run because the blades cost £2 a month instead of £10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I use a Fusion Power for my fortnightly shave, its all i need, its alright, i don't have any problems with it.

It vibrates for some reason, and i have no idea why it does.
    Maybe it's for shaving somewhere else :yes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.