Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get red patches on the inside of there elbow for a little while after deadlifts?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I always get it, how would blood get there? :hmpf:

and smed where do you get all this horrific burgers and things from!

I read that the "Biceps brachii muscle can retract from the distal tendon when torn" i'm not at risk from that am I?

ReputationRep:
    One more vote for no. Maybe if you have a gut it is rubbing on your elbows. I dunno, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Nein.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I do. But then I'm black, so this comment is highly irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    and smed where do you get all this horrific burgers and things from!
    My kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    One more vote for no. Maybe if you have a gut it is rubbing on your elbows. I dunno, lol.
    its not my actual elbow, its the other side is what i mean, at the bottom of the bicep.

Do any lifters here do the 'reverse' grip where one hand is the other way around when performing the deadlift?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Im a deaflift n00b and was doing some low weights the other day for form and got that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    its not my actual elbow, its the other side is what i mean, at the bottom of the bicep.

Do any lifters here do the 'reverse' grip where one hand is the other way around when performing the deadlift?
    Alternate grip? One hand over, the other under? You shouldn't really need to do this as a beginner. What are your deadlifts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Alternate grip? One hand over, the other under? You shouldn't really need to do this as a beginner. What are your deadlifts?
    was only 65kg that did it before. I find it easy to but i dont have any more weights avaliable at the moment..doh..

I know its for like 300kg but i thought if my arms goin red somethings not quite right!

i'm glad atleast someone else is gettin it though. it'll probs just pass.. but if i dont post for a while my biceps torn of

ReputationRep:
    What? Are you getting this redness from double overhand or alt grip? If you're getting it from both, why are you using alt grip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    What? Are you getting this redness from double overhand or alt grip? If you're getting it from both, why are you using alt grip?
    no no, i get it from the normal grip, i dont do the alternate grip (which is what you said - one reverse hand)

But what i'm saying is it just worth doing the alternate one?

ReputationRep:
    Spread your arms more across the bar, your elbows might be rubbing against your legs...

ReputationRep:
    Look, I got "redness" on my shins during pulls but that redness was blood.

Unless it's causing you some serious pain, stop worrying about. Things rubbing together is no big deal.

It could be any number of trivial little things.

ReputationRep:
    Its not my arms rubbing against my legs.

I'm sure it'll be fine just was curious, never heard of peopple getting it initially

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.