Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I'm attending Sheffield next year as a postgrad, and I want to get involved with the student media at Sheffield. I was part of York Student TV at York, and I'm trying to figure out if Sheffield has a TV station - I've seen a few references to Forge TV, but it doesn't seem to be part of the National Student TV association so I wasn't sure whether or not it actually exists, or if it's just the newspaper making video!

If anyone knows anything and could fill me in, I'd greatly appreciate it

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laser)
    Hi guys

I'm attending Sheffield next year as a postgrad, and I want to get involved with the student media at Sheffield. I was part of York Student TV at York, and I'm trying to figure out if Sheffield has a TV station - I've seen a few references to Forge TV, but it doesn't seem to be part of the National Student TV association so I wasn't sure whether or not it actually exists, or if it's just the newspaper making video!

If anyone knows anything and could fill me in, I'd greatly appreciate it

Chris
    Sorry, don't think it exists. If it does, I've certainly never heard of it. Best you can do is student radio or student newspaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Sorry, don't think it exists. If it does, I've certainly never heard of it. Best you can do is student radio or student newspaper.
    Actually since making this post I got a message from one of the Forge TV people Apparently it's being relaunched in September!

ReputationRep:
    I think it exists as an offshoot from the radio at the moment, but I heard it was being relaunched too so it sounds likely. I reckon they are going to put quite alot of effort into it, but we will have to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, I was involved in YSTV at York during my undergraduate degree and it was lots of fun

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 21, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.