Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so i bougt the newest issue of Glamour and it came with the book, and well i've found that alot of the females i know happen to be reading it at this moment, and i thought - is anyone else reading it? And if so, has it made you question your current relationship?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh there have been soo many threads on this.

I think the problem with the "He's Just..." phenomena is that different people measure differently what constitutes not being "into" someone. That is, a clingy girl may want to see her boyfriend every evening and take the authors' advice that if he isn't making the effort, "he's just not that into you". The real flaw of the book is that men and women are very different. And all men are not like the man that wrote that book. Basically, people show they care about other in very very different ways, and a 50page book can't really address all of them.

And no it didn't make me question my relationship, although it did shed some light on the failings of previous ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Ugh there have been soo many threads on this.

I think the problem with the "He's Just..." phenomena is that different people measure differently what constitutes not being "into" someone. That is, a clingy girl may want to see her boyfriend every evening and take the authors' advice that if he isn't making the effort, "he's just not that into you". The real flaw of the book is that men and women are very different. And all men are not like the man that wrote that book. Basically, people show they care about other in very very different ways, and a 50page book can't really address all of them.

And no it didn't make me question my relationship, although it did shed some light on the failings of previous ones!

That was a very good and perceptive post Serrellen.

I have always wanted to read that book but I never got around to buying it.

Isn't it interesting that there are hundreds of books for women on men and relationships but very few or none explaining women to men? Are men just not as interested in us as we are in them?

ReputationRep:
    I have no comment on the book, but that film is pure gash.

ReputationRep:
    Saw the movie. It was utter ******** because my (now ex) boyfriend showed hardly any interest in me at first, we just kept bumping into each other at random events, going to the same uni and all...and I fancied him like crazy but was too shy to initiate anything. I gave him my number but he didn't text me, so I figured 'he just wasn't that into me' since he was obviously really confident with girls.

Two months later, he contacts me and admits he's liked me for a while...and the rest is history. Some guys seem all confident but when they meet a girl they really like, they don't know how to go about it...

ReputationRep:
    The book was alright. Made me go hmmmm. But if you're looking for relationship advice books on deciphering the behaviour of men and why relationships fail, I'd point you in the direction of "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" and/or 'Why Men Date *****es"/"Why Men Marry *****es."

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.