Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinascimento)
    Oh, the representative of Liberia will also bring Bushmeat to the summit. A West African delicacy!
    Liberia suggests that you send the recipe to your Maltese Representative, my Mum's a chef and I have employed her to help her with Summit Catering.

The Catering plan:

During the Meetings:

And for Dinner (A Maltese theme):

Starter:

Minestra (Thick Vegetable Soup)

Fish Course:

Kosksu biz-zalza tal-Qarnit (Kosksu with Octopus sauce)

Main Course:

Bush Meat, or Fenek Moqli (Fried Rabbit)

Desert:

Kwaezimal

AND:

Champagne and Truffles

Special Dietary Changes for Dietary Requirements Upon Request.

ReputationRep:
    Just a note, slightly smaller images AFC, don't want to overload anyone's PCs or the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Morgan, they were the smallest I could find.

Once the Trial-Run is completed, then I will do a proper search for menus and create one based upon the task in hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinascimento)
    [OOC] I believe the number he mentioned for the EU is 300 000 tax free Euros. That's for high-level staff though.

The adjustment is quite strange, but he seemed to hint that a lot people are just plain greedy. The next time you hear about a meeting in Geneva, just think about their pay increase and ask yourself if it was really necessary to have it in Geneva .

You can tell he likes the money, but on the other hand I think he finds it ridiculous. Especially because there are a lot of people that will take advantage of the system. Like the EU the people making 250 k + are at the higher end of the pay scale, but still. When I was looking at jobs I think the lowest wage I saw was 80 k maybe? [/OOC]
    [OOC]That is incredible. I'm sure most people would see it as ridiculous but no one's going to turn it down, I probably wouldn't
    This is fair encouragement for me to want to join the proper UN or EU now...80,000 is a tidy sum. But it would still eat at me.
    Fair point, everything could easily be done on "home turf" without the extra cash :sadnod:[/OOC]

ReputationRep:
    [OOC] I pretty much wet myself and then spent about an hour in class thinking about how I could pay off my student loans in one go with his salary. Haha. I'm sure that some of the pay is considered 'danger pay'. I don't want to give too much away about him (what if the UN keeps tabs on this and they discover my identity and I'm blacklisted?!) but he was kidnapped and held hostage during one of his missions... [/OOC]

ReputationRep:
    Guyana will be bringing some demerara sugar for the tea.

ReputationRep:
    Chile would be honoured to attend this epic feast :p: and to discuss the pressing issue of piracy.

[OOC]We'll be sure to bring a bottle of our world famous Chilean wine for the Secretary General, just as long as it doesn't end up in the wrong hands *cough* France, bloody drunks...:p:[/OOC]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    [OOC]We'll be sure to bring a bottle of our world famous Chilean wine for the Secretary General, just as long as it doesn't end up in the wrong hands *cough* France, bloody drunks...:p:[/OOC]
    OOC: We do like our (fine) wine :cool: I'm sure Ireland will outdo us though - we could get them to agree to anything if someone brings enough Guinness...:ninja:]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    OOC: We do like our (fine) wine :cool: I'm sure Ireland will outdo us though - we could get them to agree to anything if someone brings enough Guinness...:ninja:]
    [OOC] Lol! Don't Ireland that we know this. [/OOC]

ReputationRep:
    I have put the menu into PDF format.

I'll post it soon.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the full and final menu for the Summit:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6743906/..._Summit_1.html

ReputationRep:
    Nigeria likes this a lot..
    We will donate $20,000 to Malta for the food, providing you get 40 packs of milk chocolate digestives [ooc] [/ooc]
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It will be an honour for Cypus to take part in this ground-breaking MUN event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Nigeria likes this a lot..
    We will donate $20,000 to Malta for the food, providing you get 40 packs of milk chocolate digestives [ooc] [/ooc]
    Malta wonders where we will get this many packets, Malta only produces 1 a day.

Malta is taking a plane to Italy were she will get 50 packets.

ReputationRep:
    India will bring Hobnobs.

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia is prepared to attend, as long as Malta is not doing the catering.

The issue of piracy is very important to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, however, we will not be signing any Treaty which is unrealistic, or does not address the core of the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattbroon)
    Saudi Arabia is prepared to attend, as long as Malta is not doing the catering.
    Ahh, Saudi Arabia, would you like to offer instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Ahh, Saudi Arabia, would you like to offer instead?
    Yes we are prepared to offer some of our delicaces. However, they may not be appreciated by the untrained palates of the Maltese representatives.

ReputationRep:
    The Federal Republic of Austria and the UNODC will both be attending the summit and will bring anything requested

On a further note the Federal Republic of Austria feels this will be fun! - We can stay up late, tell ghost stories and gossip about who's gotten fat :p:

ReputationRep:
    The Kingdom of The Netherlands will attend but stresses that diplomatic relations will be strained if catering nations fail to provide vegetarian options.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.