Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what do you think of trilby hats or straw hats on guys?

I sort of like them but not sure if i'd be mocked if i wore one casually lol, here are the 2 that im thinking of, any preferences if any?

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...gory_rn=150425

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...4825&langId=-1

ReputationRep:
    99% of blokes I've met who wear trilbys turn out to be pretentious NME reading, Magners drinking pr*cks.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, i love magners xD fortunately i've never read nme and as far as i know i'm not pretentios lol

ReputationRep:
    Trilby=Nerds. Not a good look on 99% of the people who wear them so I would just stay away if I where you!

ReputationRep:
    Got one from Next - Spur of the moment kinda thing - wore it once an holiday before quickly realising it was better off being a frisby.

ReputationRep:
    Going to take one on holiday. It will probably end up being something to put my iPod and stuff in when i'm in the pool :\

ReputationRep:
    I quite like trilby hats. I wear them myself. They usually look good, as long as you don't have that trilby mentality Coroar mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    I would be the first in line to mock you if you wore a trilby.

Although I would aplogise, because I'm nice like that.

ReputationRep:
    I like the second one best (natural coloured one) =)

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit hit and miss tbh, but if you think it looks good then go for it.
    I like the second one

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like them on guys :p:
    Obviously it depends what it looks like on cos they don't suit everyone

But on the most part I say YES

ReputationRep:
    Usually I would say I don't like this look at all, on guys or girls. But recently I've seen a few guys pull them off and when that happens I think it looks really good!
    Ooh I really like the 2nd one. Go for it I say!

ReputationRep:
    I want onneee ~ Straw hat i mean, but not a trilby. I saw a gorgeous on in Urban Outfitters. >.< I think they're perfect for the summer. Shame about the weather though. ):

ReputationRep:
    Hello Jason Mraz.

ReputationRep:
    Most people guy and girls look terrible in a trilby. Have to say they can be nice at a festival or deserted beach especially if they are of the straw variety. Most people just look like total posers though, especially those that think they have the aforementioned magners-drinking NME-reading thing going on.

ReputationRep:
    I tried one on to see if i could pull it off.. i couldnt xD One the other hand i bought a nice t-shirt while i was there lol.

ReputationRep:
    I really like them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.