Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what do you think of trilby hats or straw hats on guys?

I sort of like them but not sure if i'd be mocked if i wore one casually lol, here are the 2 that im thinking of, any preferences if any?

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...gory_rn=150425

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...4825&langId=-1

ReputationRep:
    99% of blokes I've met who wear trilbys turn out to be pretentious NME reading, Magners drinking pr*cks.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, i love magners xD fortunately i've never read nme and as far as i know i'm not pretentios lol

ReputationRep:
    Trilby=Nerds. Not a good look on 99% of the people who wear them so I would just stay away if I where you!

ReputationRep:
    Got one from Next - Spur of the moment kinda thing - wore it once an holiday before quickly realising it was better off being a frisby.

ReputationRep:
    Going to take one on holiday. It will probably end up being something to put my iPod and stuff in when i'm in the pool :\

ReputationRep:
    I quite like trilby hats. I wear them myself. They usually look good, as long as you don't have that trilby mentality Coroar mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    I would be the first in line to mock you if you wore a trilby.

Although I would aplogise, because I'm nice like that.

ReputationRep:
    I like the second one best (natural coloured one) =)

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit hit and miss tbh, but if you think it looks good then go for it.
    I like the second one

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like them on guys :p:
    Obviously it depends what it looks like on cos they don't suit everyone

But on the most part I say YES

ReputationRep:
    Usually I would say I don't like this look at all, on guys or girls. But recently I've seen a few guys pull them off and when that happens I think it looks really good!
    Ooh I really like the 2nd one. Go for it I say!

ReputationRep:
    I want onneee ~ Straw hat i mean, but not a trilby. I saw a gorgeous on in Urban Outfitters. >.< I think they're perfect for the summer. Shame about the weather though. ):

ReputationRep:
    Hello Jason Mraz.

ReputationRep:
    Most people guy and girls look terrible in a trilby. Have to say they can be nice at a festival or deserted beach especially if they are of the straw variety. Most people just look like total posers though, especially those that think they have the aforementioned magners-drinking NME-reading thing going on.

ReputationRep:
    I tried one on to see if i could pull it off.. i couldnt xD One the other hand i bought a nice t-shirt while i was there lol.

ReputationRep:
    I really like them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.