Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get a full fringe? Watch

• View Poll Results: Full fringe?
    Yay
    43.33%
    Nay
    56.67%

ReputationRep:
    I'm debating whether to get a full fringe, ive had years of a side fringe or no fringe at all and now want something different, got hairdressers tomorrow..here's a pic of me..

views?

ReputationRep:
    I dont eprsonally think it would suit you. I would make you look younger.

ReputationRep:
    I say Yes!

edit: poll? :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. You only live once and you can always change it back if you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea whether it would suit you or not, I'm not good at telling things like that. But I can speak from experience - 2 months ago I was totally bored with my hair, and got a full thick fringe cut in. At first I loved it. But quickly grew to hate it because I have to blow dry it down/straight as soon as I've washed my hair to stop it drying funny. If I go out in the rain or get sweaty on a night out it sticks to my head and looks awful. If the wind catches it, it messes up really easily. And now that it's hot it's very difficult to keep off my face, even with an alice band/clips as all these little wispy bits go everywhere. So I would say it's definitely high maintenance, but also makes a good impact. So it depends if you've got the patience with it!

EDIT: And now I am trying to grow it out, it's a nightmare! When it's an inch longer, it'll cover my eyes so I won't be able to see, but it won't be long enough to be centre/side-parted.

ReputationRep:
    I figured out by putting my hand over your forehead that it would suit you so yes
    and even if you end up not liking it, it'll grow out enough to brush it back quickly, and at least you'll know

ReputationRep:
    Side fringe?

ReputationRep:
    You look like you have the right shaped face for it. Do it! I absolutely love mine.

ReputationRep:
    Well your face is the perfect rounded shape, you can have whatever hair style you want really. only problem with a full fringe is it will cover a lot of your face and might look swamping. I think youd look better without a full fringe, i like the pic without one

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think you should have one Think it would suit you.
    Plus, if you dislike it when you have it, it's hair - it WILL grow back

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, i dont think it will suit you as much as your hair does now to be honest...how about a wispy side fringe to start with? and then if that suits make it a bit shorter...and so on and so on

ReputationRep:
    Get a side fringe

ReputationRep:
    I say go for it. Perhaps I'm a little biased having a full fringe myself but I think it would suit you! As someone above posted it can be a bit high maintenance but I manage and I'm not really the high maintenance type of girl!

ReputationRep:
    deffo get one!
    i umed and ahhd over it for at least two years before i finally got one and it was the best decision ive ever made

ReputationRep:
    As someone above posted it can be a bit high maintenance but I manage and I'm not really the high maintenance type of girl!
    i actually found it more low maintenance!
    if im having a cba day messy hair looks so much better with a fringe!
    and it never needs straightening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer of 69)
    i actually found it more low maintenance!
    if im having a cba day messy hair looks so much better with a fringe!
    and it never needs straightening
    argh my hair looks gross if i leave it. if i don;t wash my hair in the morning my fringe falls all wrong it's so annoying!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    i like that the pictures get dramatically worse as they go on.

4th picture

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lé Nash)
    i like that the pictures get dramatically worse as they go on.

4th picture

:ahee:

im not ugly, please go away

ReputationRep:
    Get the fringe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.