Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done one? Does anyone know any good ones, or any pointers? Is it worth doing it long term or is that not a great idea?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    just eat normal, healthy food, and excercise more. none of these rediculous diets

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha... I DARE you to try a soup diet long term. You'll be over it in a week, I promise you.

Instead, try eating a healthy, balanced diet and get regular exercise - you may find this approach more useful.

ReputationRep:
    although soup diets are usually quite low calorie, they dont use up as much energy to digest and so it doesnt burn as much either

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, they're crap. Eat well and exercise more!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god no, I could never do that. I'd be bored of it after about 3 hours. When I'm dieting I find it's much more helpful to have a variety of foods and find different, interesting recipes to keep me motivated. There is no way I could do that diet long term without killing someone in sheer frustration. I guess you'd lose weight fairly quickly on one but I don't think your body would take very kindly to a diet of soup. Only one I've heard of is the cabbage soup diet but that must be nasty. Think I'd lose the will to live on that! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah dw. I want a little fad diet time, just as an experiment anyway :teeth: I just wanted to see what people think.

ReputationRep:
    I did the cabbage soup diet for 2 weeks, i lost quite a bit of weight but put most of it back on in the next 2 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Fad diets will lose you weight temporarily, but when you stop and put on weight, you'll put on more than before. Keep "experimenting" and you'll find you went up a dress size or 2 in a year.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with lots of whats been said, its just not worth doing a diet like this. As soon as you stop eating soup you will just pile the weight on. If you want to lose weight in a healthy way you need to work out a healthy eating plan or balenced diet.

ReputationRep:
    diets simply dont work in the majority of cases. I promise if you read paul mckennas book, i can make you thin, you will lose any weight you have and definetly cut foods out of your life. I thought it was a joke, he taught me this method to stop cravings and eliminate certain foods from your wants and honestly i havent been near a bag of crisps since. I just dont feel nothing for them now, honestly the book is amazing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.