Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anon or delete please

Basically a couple of days ago my girlfriend and I had a bit of an argument, I was in the wrong because I went way to far in the argument and got her really annoyed at me as I kept asking her the same question that she wouldn't do over an over again, barely deviating from the topic for about 45 minutes.

She's really annoyed at me still after two days. She still talks to me but she always used to use smilies in her conversations but I haven't seen one since the argument. I think she still loves me as she said deep down she probably did, but she said she has no idea why we are still together. I'm seeing her tomorrow (probably with other people around) but she said she is not looking forward to it at all. She said everytime she thinks of me or sees a picture of me it makes her want to scream .

I really don't know what to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Have you said sorry to her by the way?

(Original post by radiated yoghurt)
    Have you said sorry to her by the way?
    Yeah I have quite a few times, sorry didn't mention this in the first post

ReputationRep:
    You need to keep apologising.
    Reminding her how much you love her might help, presents might too

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like shes still somewhat annoyed.

Do you tend to take arguements a little too far whenever you row/bicker? If so, shes probably just had enough of that.

Might be best to let her cool down for a while longer. If you see her and shes still annoyed maybe just say to her that youre sorry again but that there isnt much else you can do now. Say that you'd like to move on from this (without being patronising) so are going to leave it in her hands and you'll give her some space for a bit. Then when shes ready she can come to you and you can both start a fresh.

That way you've appologised, done all you can and left it with her. If she leaves it and things go sour then its probably a sign of what was eventually going to come, or her deeprooted anger. If she comes back with a clear head after a bit of time to think then all is well

ReputationRep:
    Send her some flowers via delivery. It'll be a supprise and if you drop a note appologising, hopefully she'll be ina good mood when she reads it!

The thing is, I just can't get my mind off her. I know I've mucked up and I'm trying to sort it out. I know I should probably give her some time to herself but I'm finding life so tough without speaking to her, I can barely sleep

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Then put what you're thinking into words and tell her. When I'm upset with my boyfriend, all I want is for him to make it better. no time to myself, it makes me dwell on thoughts. No relying on someone else, that doesn't fix things. May I ask what it was you did exactly to annoy? You could try opposing that... if it works in this situation?? Definitely don't just sit there, get on the phone, go out of your way and do things extra to what you would normally do to make sure she knows that you care. I would suggest the same thing if a girl did this to a guy so I'm not just being all 'buy girls lots of presents'. Do it, now

ReputationRep:
    Explain to her how sorry you are, do a bit of grovelling and like somebody else said, send some flowers in the post or something With a note saying sorry. She'll understand how hard you're trying to apologise..Hopefully.

(Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Then put what you're thinking into words and tell her. When I'm upset with my boyfriend, all I want is for him to make it better. no time to myself, it makes me dwell on thoughts. No relying on someone else, that doesn't fix things. May I ask what it was you did exactly to annoy? You could try opposing that... if it works in this situation?? Definitely don't just sit there, get on the phone, go out of your way and do things extra to what you would normally do to make sure she knows that you care. I would suggest the same thing if a girl did this to a guy so I'm not just being all 'buy girls lots of presents'. Do it, now
    I wanted to go out with her on thursday, but her mum said she couldn't go. So I tried to convince her to ask her mum again as she said she would be able to go out with me. She didn't ask her mum again as she said it would get nowhere and I just kept going on trying to convince her to ask her mum but she wouldn't budge. Sooner or later I realised I was annoying her so I stopped and said sorry. I don't understand why she is so annoyed at something like this when I have already apologised quite a few times.

She is dreading seeing me by the sound of it though, so I'm not sure whether to take your advice or not. Whatever I do isn't making it better.

Take a big bunch of flowers when you go meet her. It always worked when i ******* up. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Presents will always always work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Presents will always always work
    Agreed :yep:

And maybe at one point, just go for a walk with her, and apologise in person, and tell her that you really love her. (Tip: Look into her eyes when you say it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wanted to go out with her on thursday, but her mum said she couldn't go. So I tried to convince her to ask her mum again as she said she would be able to go out with me. She didn't ask her mum again as she said it would get nowhere and I just kept going on trying to convince her to ask her mum but she wouldn't budge. Sooner or later I realised I was annoying her so I stopped and said sorry. I don't understand why she is so annoyed at something like this when I have already apologised quite a few times.

She is dreading seeing me by the sound of it though, so I'm not sure whether to take your advice or not. Whatever I do isn't making it better.
    In all fairness, that changes things slightly. You haven't really done anything wrong except try your best to be able to go out with her. Sorry for sounding crude but I had it in my mind that you'd demanded a blow job or something and wouldn't give in lol. Anyway back on topic...

Maybe it would be better then to apologise to her now, put extra effort in... flowers or whatever you feel suits her, obviously we don't know her. And then let her deal with it in her own time. This way you're showing how you're sorry and that you really do care when she's upset, but you're not nagging on at her. I think you need to do something other than just say sorry, but if it's persistence that she's got annoyed about then that should probably be the main thing to avoid.

I really do think one big apology and then leave it with her. Good luck either way dude, she sounds quite stubborn!

(Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    In all fairness, that changes things slightly. You haven't really done anything wrong except try your best to be able to go out with her. Sorry for sounding crude but I had it in my mind that you'd demanded a blow job or something and wouldn't give in lol. Anyway back on topic...

Maybe it would be better then to apologise to her now, put extra effort in... flowers or whatever you feel suits her, obviously we don't know her. And then let her deal with it in her own time. This way you're showing how you're sorry and that you really do care when she's upset, but you're not nagging on at her. I think you need to do something other than just say sorry, but if it's persistence that she's got annoyed about then that should probably be the main thing to avoid.

I really do think one big apology and then leave it with her. Good luck either way dude, she sounds quite stubborn!
    I also can't really avoid her because i'm seeing her with friends around for the next 6 days in a row. I'll do the one big apology thing though. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Be careful not to grovel mind, she might come back to her if u give her some space

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered that maybe constant apologies are just perpetuating the problem?

It could be the case that she has calmed down about it by now. She has thought about it and thinks that she has completely overeacted and feel embarassed about the way she has been acting. It could be that she is dreading seeing you again because she feels bad about how far she has dragged such a petty argument out for?

It also seems likely that everytime you have talked since it has included you apologising or explaining which is only going to be keeping the argument fresh in her mind.

Obviously, I could be wrong and she could just be really stubborn. Maybe a big apology would satisfy her. But, if I'm honest it does sound like something of an over reaction.

My advice would be not to mention the episode at all when you first meet up. Act like it never happened and continue to act in the way you normally do when together. Presumably, she likes you very much normally. After a little while she will have forgotten about being annoyed with you and the memory of it would become somewhat meaningless. Then, later on, when you think it has stopped becoming a concern for her you can apologise honestly and sincerely, and then both get back to normal.

If this doesn't seem to be working you can just have another go at apologising and explaining like you have been. But I'd recommend you have a go at bacting normal for a while. She'll likely realise sooner or later that a simple disagreement is not important enough - although she sounds like she already has.

Hope that makes sense - I just woke up!

Best of Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but if she got this annoyed with you for asking what you did, then she is pathetic. I suggest you just leave her to her sulking for a while and let her come round to you.

ReputationRep:
    If she genuinely means that, then give her time
    Meeting up is a bad idea, everything is still fresh from the argument

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.