Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked the leggings trend, they can look nice on some people but don't suit me at all. So I've ended up living in skinny jeans for the past year or so and I'm bored.

I know it's a bit lazy and I could have a look myself, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I can wear? I'm not very good at choosing clothes because I don't have much of an imagination but I'm open to anything. Not just for legs, just general outfits would be good. Oh and shoes. Basically it's a 'please dress me' thread.

Thanks for any help Oh and I'm a size 6/8 and petite (read: quite short) if that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. The first thing that shot into my head on reading the title was "skinny jeans :danceboy:".

As I live in skinny jeans I have no suggestions :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    How about shorts and skirts, or knee-length leggings?

ReputationRep:
    Jeggings? I live in skinny jeans/leggings, so don't really have any other suggestions :L

ReputationRep:
    how about ...
    does anyone know where i can get some decent but not too expensive skinnys?
    im sick of wasting money on jeans that just go baggy on the bum and knee!

and OP, surely if youre a 6/8 leggings suit youu?
    any pics?

ReputationRep:
    Jeggings?
    my god. THE best invention!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    I've never liked the leggings trend, they can look nice on some people but don't suit me at all. So I've ended up living in skinny jeans for the past year or so and I'm bored.

I know it's a bit lazy and I could have a look myself, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I can wear? I'm not very good at choosing clothes because I don't have much of an imagination but I'm open to anything. Not just for legs, just general outfits would be good. Oh and shoes. Basically it's a 'please dress me' thread.

Thanks for any help Oh and I'm a size 6/8 and petite (read: quite short) if that makes any difference.

Are you looking for something you could wear into town sort of thing - casual but fashionable?
    What are your interests e.g what type of music do you like?

ReputationRep:
    Tights?

ReputationRep:
    Opaque tights with dresses and skirts can look nice in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Jeggings.

Or long skirts with tops underneath. Layering almost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer of 69)
    my god. THE best invention!
    ewwww

ReputationRep:
    Ooh thanks everyone, didn't really expect many replies. Shorts and skirts are options but a little bit chilly, I do wear skirts with black tights but is that still acceptable with shorts?

Jeggings are a bit too like leggings. They don't really suit me because of my height, I think they make me look shorter. I don't have fat legs or anything.

(Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Are you looking for something you could wear into town sort of thing - casual but fashionable?
    What are your interests e.g what type of music do you like?
    Yeah that's it. I want something that's fashionable so I can look nice and like I've made an effort, but I can't really think of any trends that don't involve leggings in some form. As for my interests, I'd say I edge towards a kind of 'indie' style. Or I would if I could pull it off. But girly at the same time.

Dresses are also good, but I can't seem to find any that aren't over £20 so I can't get as much of a variety as I'd like. Any good cheap shops? OH and something else: I live in cardigans, anything else that keeps you cosy but still looks alright?

Thank you if anyone answers any of those hundred questions.

ReputationRep:
    at the moment ive left my rubber leggings at my boyfriends house so im wearing black footless tights (90 dernier) but i wear them so the ankle part is in the middle of my foot - and im wearing a rubber look black fitted skirt over ; looks the same as leggings and a long top i think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    Ooh thanks everyone, didn't really expect many replies. Shorts and skirts are options but a little bit chilly, I do wear skirts with black tights but is that still acceptable with shorts?

Jeggings are a bit too like leggings. They don't really suit me because of my height, I think they make me look shorter. I don't have fat legs or anything.

Yeah that's it. I want something that's fashionable so I can look nice and like I've made an effort, but I can't really think of any trends that don't involve leggings in some form. As for my interests, I'd say I edge towards a kind of 'indie' style. Or I would if I could pull it off. But girly at the same time.

Dresses are also good, but I can't seem to find any that aren't over £20 so I can't get as much of a variety as I'd like. Any good cheap shops? OH and something else: I live in cardigans, anything else that keeps you cosy but still looks alright?

Thank you if anyone answers any of those hundred questions.
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1713886/171...ctDetails.aspx

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...4370&langId=-1

Maybe something like that with black tights or if its hot just bare legs depending on how long the skirt is, I would tuck the top into the skirt too
    Probably plimsoles or brogues etc and loads of made bangles jewellery etc

Hope that was helpful

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.