Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Blondes! What type/shade of Blonde do you have in your hair? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who highlights their hair, what shades of blonde do you have?

I currently have beige and a creamy kinda blonde put through my hair at the hairdressers. I find it fades and goes gingery/strawberry blonde after a few months and I really hate it!

What can I do to stop this happening? I'm sure its the beige that does it when it fades?

I was thinking of asking for cool colours like white blondes along with another colour?... but not sure if it would suit me. I'm pale with green eyes as it is.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    oh, well my hair is a mix of golden blonde and strawberry blonde but i like it that way.
    idk, i don't think you can do much? wash in cooler water to stop the colour fading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    oh, well my hair is a mix of golden blonde and strawberry blonde but i like it that way.
    idk, i don't think you can do much? wash in cooler water to stop the colour fading?
    yeh your hairs pretty like that though . I have nothing against strawberry blonde its just not the colour i pay to have :P
    Do you get a full head done ?

ReputationRep:
    Bleach blonde, hard to describe, it turns out differently on everyone as it is strpping hair of natural colour, so depending on how dark you began will determine how good the results are.

My hair looks different in different lights and I can't describe it I think profile picture is black and white to not much of a help, will try put up a colour one instead !

I get highlights done, not all over colour.

Use a blonde shampoo... John Freida just brought out a lightening shampoo... should keep your highlights light... aswell as the natural sun obviously, but conditition your hair a lot if you are in the sun

Feel free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    yeh your hairs pretty like that though . I have nothing against strawberry blonde its just not the colour i pay to have :P
    Do you get a full head done ?
    i don't go to the hair dresser. i effectively do a full head of extensions on myself but really sparse

ReputationRep:
    i don't go to the hair dresser. i effectively do a full head of extensions on myself but really sparse
    I'm interested now... where do you get them from? Hair extensions, they look really realistic to me aren't they expensive?
    and whats your hair colour naturally ?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same exact problem with my hair. I just think it's the color fading and there's not a lot to do about it. I don't get anything warmer than an ash blond now, and by the time it fades, it becomes ash blond/golden blond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    I have the same exact problem with my hair. I just think it's the color fading and there's not a lot to do about it. I don't get anything warmer than an ash blond now, and by the time it fades, it becomes ash blond/golden blond.
    Sounds nice.. Ash blonde? Is it just one colour you have highlighted through your hair?

ReputationRep:
    erm blonde? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Sounds nice.. Ash blonde? Is it just one colour you have highlighted through your hair?
    Yeah, but they about 3 or 4 different shades of it going from dark to really light. I get the two lightest ones done.

ReputationRep:
    EXTREMELY dark blonde. My hair's so dark now, I'm literally considered a brunette.
    I wish I was blonde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nex Angelus)
    erm blonde? :p:
    TSRians with epilepsy probably hate you for having that avatar :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Mines just bleach blonde. Very light. Fades after about 5 weeks but I hate my roots after 4 so re-dye it then. I do mine myself at home.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's blonde 10.0 - clairol. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Though it doesn't look that blonde, I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    TSRians with epilepsy probably hate you for having that avatar :awesome:
    random but, my parents are doctors, i once asked them how to deal with someone having an epileptic fit, they said put them in a bath tub full of water with your dirty clothes and some washing powder.

ReputationRep:
    random but, my parents are doctors, i once asked them how to deal with someone having an epileptic fit, they said put them in a bath tub full of water with your dirty clothes and some washing powder.
    LOL! Haha, seriously? :rofl:
    Wtf does that do? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I'm interested now... where do you get them from? Hair extensions, they look really realistic to me aren't they expensive?
    and whats your hair colour naturally ?
    LOL why did i say extensions? i meant high lights! my hair is real, hence it looks real! :o: my hair is a dark golden blonde naturally but goes light in the sun so the ends are always lighter than the top
    i've used stand extensions before to thicken my hair out after hating my layers... used about 20 strands of nail tipped remy hair the length of my longest hair. got my dad to put ten along the back and put five on each side myself, all at slightly different heights so it looked natural and noone could tell.
    i'm crap at explaining but if you've got a tenner, some old straighteners and a nimble fingered assistant then it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    cheap launderette?

ReputationRep:
    why it gets your clothes clean of course! very economical, saves electricity and energy which would have otherwise been used by the washing machine. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    cheap launderette?
    why it gets your clothes clean of course! very economical, saves electricity and energy which would have otherwise been used by the washing machine. :awesome:
    OH! ****, that was an awesome joke. :rofl2:
    I can't believe I didn't think of it in that way :facepalm2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.