Turn on thread page Beta

swept side bangs and curly hair? watch

ReputationRep:
    got kinda thick hair with the curls semi perfect and was wondering with a frindge like this one match ? i mean loads are telling me it will grow out a style or it will be a pain but what u guys think would it match curly hair wid frindge being straightned only?

http://hairbrained.files.wordpress.c...-style-com.jpg

ReputationRep:
    i personally don't like curly hair with a long fringe straightened only...it can have a tendency to look chavvy if it's not blended well enough...so i'd say no..

ReputationRep:
    If it was loose natural looking curls and not sever curls then I would say yes.
    Otherwise no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya10)
    got kinda thick hair with the curls semi perfect and was wondering with a frindge like this one match ? i mean loads are telling me it will grow out a style or it will be a pain but what u guys think would it match curly hair wid frindge being straightned only?

http://hairbrained.files.wordpress.c...-style-com.jpg
    it might look a bit mismatched, but i've seen some girls with a straight fringe and curly hair before and they seem to pull it off okay. however it depends if you're okay with high maintenance hair!

ReputationRep:
    not with ringlet type curls. it looks nice with loose beachy waves though.

ReputationRep:
    This is how im wearing my fringe at the moment as my fringe has grown out (getting it trimmed tuesday) i like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    This is how im wearing my fringe at the moment as my fringe has grown out (getting it trimmed tuesday) i like it.
    Aww thats how I wear my fringe and hair too.. I like to grow it out a bit, and sweep it to the side.. and then when i get it trimmed I have it going straight down.

I think curly/wavy hair and a straight fringe looks cute .. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    Aww thats how I wear my fringe and hair too.. I like to grow it out a bit, and sweep it to the side.. and then when i get it trimmed I have it going straight down.

I think curly/wavy hair and a straight fringe looks cute .. :p:
    problem is my hair is poker straight so im trying to find ways of curling it without tongs. Hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    problem is my hair is poker straight so im trying to find ways of curling it without tongs. Hard!
    oooh .. have you tried hair rollers? .. you can get microwavable ones (I haven't tried them but have only seen them in shops) ...
    It seems you just put them in the microwave for a bit and then roll parts of your hair up into them.. and you can just leave them on for a little while, instead of over night.. because they are warm they shape you hair faster. (Apparently lol)
    Mine is naturally wavyish .. like beachy waves, I always use to straighten it.. but recently I learned to love my hair.

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who used to do that - she had ringlet curls and used to only straighten the fringe. It looked alright, but like most people before me I think it's best reserved for natural waves than tighter curls.

You're so lucky to have curly hair!

ReputationRep:
    i have really curly hair, not really ringlets and not really wavy curls, somewhere in between! ive had a side fringe in the past and straightened it but it doesnt really look right, so when i had it curly id clip the fringe underneath the curls with a kirby grip so it looked like there wasnt one there, which looked fine.

i dont think the fringe in your photo would work with curly hair, since its quite long and thick, and the girl looks like she has fine hair. so maybe just a little bit shorter/ less to one side. then when its curly you just straighten it a little so the fringe isnt poker straight and doesnt look odd compared to your curly hair, and if it's a lot across your forehead you can separate it into big strands of hair (ill try and get a foto to show what i mean) im getting a side fringe back soon and cant wait

ReputationRep:
    I think side swept bangs with loose curls look absolutely gorgeous. (:
    I'd say go for it, but like what everyone has said already i don't think it would look good with tight curls, very chavvy. @[email protected]
    I'm always jealous of girls with wavey and loosely curled hair. I wish my hair was like that instead of straight with random kinks. xDD

Btw ~ I'm working on a promoting team with Sure Girl who have just realised their new antiperspirant Dance Energy. The gorgeous smelling spray guarantees confidence boosting protectiong throughout the day for those of you who LOVE to dance & more than anything have loads of fun. ^__^ So yeh ~ I hope you guys will decide to give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bidding on rollers on ebay >.<

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.