Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My hair is long. Longgggggg. It currently (straightened) reaches to my waist, and I am not a short person. I'm also mixed, so my hair is quite curly. I can straighten it without getting it relaxed, but it doesn't last for long, doesn't *quite* get straight and explodes into frizz when exposed to water / reverts to curldom when washed again.

As you can see, I love Hayley Williams. :love: More importantly, I love her hair:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...e+Hayley+D.jpg

So I was thinking of getting it relaxed, and cut like that. ^

Or getting it cut really short, like this:

http://wandaphullworld.files.wordpre...ri-hilson2.jpg

Anyway, whatever. I just want to get it cut. I don't know what would suit me though tbh, as I've only ever been to a hairdresser's once and that was for a trim. So I've never had a hairstyle cut before. :moon:

Here are some requisite pictures of me:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/100_0987.jpg
    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...100_0563-1.jpg
    There's also one on my profile.

IDK if my forehead is big enough to warrant a fringe, but I'd really like one. :hmmm:

So, opinions. What kind of hairstyle should I get? One of the above? None of the above? WAT? THANKING YOU'S. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Get an effing haircut then

Note: i didnt read a word of that .......... sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel-M)
    Get an effing haircut then

Note: i didnt read a word of that .......... sorry
    :moon:

that is all

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that'll be quite a change! I think the Hayley Williams hair cut would really suit you. You could definitely sport a fringe like hers, just make sure it's choppy rather than a block fringe.

Also, it's good to have your hair cut at least every 12 weeks, even if your hair's long to keep it in good condition.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't think the Hayley haircut would suit you very much, sorry By all means go shorter, though! I find girls look a lot nicer with shoulder length hair...

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're really pretty
    I think both of those styles would suit you, but I'd go with the Hayley Williams one.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go too short, your hair is quite thick and it might go kaboooom if it's too short, I would say get it layered or thinned. Don't go too short but definately get it cut. Have a look at this image, I really like the layers, would be easier to manage being shorter, could use some cheap straightening balm and invest in some good priced straighteners to keep it under control ?

ReputationRep:
    The second haircut would be better. Only Hayley can pull that off.

Hayley.... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    keep your hair long like a hippie, do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Wow, that'll be quite a change! I think the Hayley Williams hair cut would really suit you. You could definitely sport a fringe like hers, just make sure it's choppy rather than a block fringe.
    Just what I wanted to hear! That's what I was thinking as well, I'll ask the hairdresser to make sure

Also, it's good to have your hair cut at least every 12 weeks, even if your hair's long to keep it in good condition.
    I neglect myself :sigh:

(Original post by Cupcakee)
    I wouldn't go too short, your hair is quite thick and it might go kaboooom if it's too short, I would say get it layered or thinned. Don't go too short but definitely get it cut. Have a look at this image, I really like the layers, would be easier to manage being shorter, could use some cheap straightening balm and invest in some good priced straighteners to keep it under control ?
    Hmmm, I was afraid of that

I really like that hairstyle, it might be too "pretty" for me though, like too many whispy bits all over the place? I'm not very girly. :o:

(Original post by becca-x)
    Wow, you're really pretty
    I think both of those styles would suit you, but I'd go with the Hayley Williams one.
    :o:

I prefer that one too :moon:

ReputationRep:
    get it done in corn rows if you go 2 short you really won't be able2 mange it!

ReputationRep:
    I like the ginger hair style. Obviously keep your hair colour though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.