Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best bass player eva, best bass lines Watch

ReputationRep:
    flea is pretty insane.

Adam Clayton is pretty good too

and tim commerford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Metallica - Orion. Cliff Burton was great.

Could not be a better instrumental out there

Also, Flea from the Chili Peppers, ******* genius of a bass player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary_Glitter)
    I mentioned him in the op, but yeah I am surprised so few people have mentioned him. I saw he live a couple of times and he is even better. Such a nice, down to eath guy too. He stayed to chat and sign autpgraphs for about 3 hours after the show.

"jaco pastorius of course
    and also victor wooten
    and my personal favorite: billy sheehan"

I love you (in a hetrosexual way)
    Victor>Pastorius>Sheehan imo but they are all godlike.

"Like Hendrix, Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson you mean? How old are you, 15?"

Actually I am 14. ZING! The people you mentioned are not bass players. ZING!! Also for your information Jackson didn't die he just went home. ZING!!!

They can't all be ZING!ers, but you make it so easy. ZING!!!!
    You're getting very boring. A child keyboard warrior is yesterday's game. Zing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamer91)
    flea is pretty insane.

Adam Clayton is pretty good too

and tim commerford
    I love U2 and all but Adam Clayton is average at best :o:
    ---

Wooten is quite overrated, he can play but sounds like ****.

Mark King I've always been fond of :woo: oh; Lemmy's a legend ha :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecoolcat)
    I love U2 and all but Adam Clayton is average at best :o:
    ---

Wooten is quite overrated, he can play but sounds like ****.

Mark King I've always been fond of :woo: oh; Lemmy's a legend ha :o:
    admittedly he isn't the most technical of players (unlike the likes of john myung etc.) although some of his bass lines are really great (albeit simple).

just look at the likes of new years day.

ReputationRep:
    You're getting very boring. A child keyboard warrior is yesterday's game. Zing!
    If you don't like me get off my internet. I am the alpha and omega. You are just a wannabe. Don't get upset with me because I, along with the vast majority of bassists mentioned in this very thread, are far superior bass players to Cliff Burton. And the remake of planet of the apes really sucked too. ZING!!!

p.s. ZING!

ReputationRep:
    WUM fail. Try harder next time.

ReputationRep:
    WUM fail. Try harder next time.
    Don't be too harsh on yourself. Keep trying and maybe one day you will end up with half as much pure concentrated WIN as me.

ReputationRep:
    How do you define the best player ever?

Michael Manring is a pretty sick player if you were going down the virtuosic route (as well as victor wooten)

For the legendary and influential value James Jamerson (John Enthwistle was pretty influential as well for rock bass players)

For jazz it has to be Jaco (but there are many awesome double bass players as well)

There are many more as mentioned before that were great at what they did (but i cannot be bothered to type them again)

ReputationRep:
    Best basslines? Pretty much ever Massive Attack song.

ReputationRep:
    my favourite bassline, transmission, joy division

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredWolf)
    The bassline part way through Brand New's I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't is the best I've ever heard.
    That's a darn good bass riff, as is the main bass line of Sic Gloria Transit.

ReputationRep:
    How could anybody forget to mention Marcus Miller?

Great jazz/funk/fusion bass player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike Borozdin)
    How could anybody forget to mention Marcus Miller?

Great jazz/funk/fusion bass player.

Fantastic post sir. Marcus Miller is brilliant. If their were more posters like you this forum would have a lot less SUCK and a lot more WIN.

Fun Fact 1: Did you know Marcus Miller wrote the music for the popular sitcom 'Everybody hates Chris'?

Fun Fact 2: Did you know their is a bass supergroup that consists of Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller (wow wow wee wah)!?

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic post sir. Marcus Miller is brilliant. If their were more posters like you this forum would have a lot less SUCK and a lot more WIN.
    Ha-ha !

Fun Fact 2: Did you know their is a bass supergroup that consists of Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller (wow wow wee wah)!?
    Yeh, I even did give it a listen and frankly it wasn't very interesting to listen, since I'm not a bass player, it sounded more like a sport to me, rather than music. But their solo albums are great and their bands too, I mean, for example, Return To Forever - the first band where Stanley Clarke played.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.