Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    after doing my A2 exams in biology and chemistry this june i am sure that i hav not done enuff to get into mpharm. Infact i am 100% sure. Just didnt revise at all. However im still thinking about giving it another go at a-level because it turns out that mpharm is all i want to do and nothing else.

In chemistry so far I have 244 marks from 4 modules (2 exams at AS and a cwk module at AS [which i cannot re-sit anymore as last june was the last time for sitting exams for the 'old' specification] and one A2 coursework module) which means i need to make up the rest of my marks (176 marks) from 2 of the remaining A2 modules, one being out of 90 and the other out of 120 - with my target mark 420 marks, which is a B overall. My aim is to hit 76/90 on one module and 100/120 on the other.

With my biology i'm in a slightly better position. I am so far on 200 marks in my AS - and again the modules in AS cannot be re-sit because last june was the last sitting for the old spec. My target mark again is 420 marks which means I will need to hit 220 marks from the available 300 marks from my A2 module exams.

With my third subject it is no longer possible for me to sit A2 exams for it as it is ART and art is a practical based subject and as i am an extenal/private candiddate that option is not available any longer from me. So plan is to do sociology AS and A2 in a year.

My plan is to take my 2 chem exams and 3 biology exams for the january session. With biology i have to also complete the coursework before i sit the synoptic paper in january. From february to june my plan is to complete the AS and A2 sociology (this is from the new spec and it has 4 exams - any feedback from anyone in regards to sociology would be much appreciated. I would appreciate comments on whether it is possible to get an A in sociology overall in 4 months of work. Also how is it different from the 'old' specification and how did people who sat sociology from the new spec cope in terms of revising because i no from students who did do sociology with the old spec ther notes were basically essays in response to 10 or 12 different past paper essay questions. For short answer questions, again they got their notes from answers to short answer questions from 10 or 12 previous past papers questions. It would be interesting to know how this years candidates coped and how they went about making notes without past papers since this year was the first year of the new spec.....I would realy realy appreciate it if someone got bak to me on this)

Is this all a risk?is chemistry tooo tight for a possible B overall....is it tooo much of a tall order????guys can you please give me some advice as to what to do?????as im pulling my hairs out!!!!

ReputationRep:
    seriously...you think thats unrealistic.....76/90 and 100/120.....u think thats unrealistic???..in regards to sociology...well thats one of the easiest a-levels to do according to a lot of people.....it took my brother 3 weeks to get him 3'Bs in his AS modules for sociology....but hey yeh maybe right though still....

ReputationRep:
    Oh....im assuming that you think because I'm a C grade student (which is completely fine and I know why you think like that becuz of my grade so far obviously) how I could I just make a leap up to getting 83% in an exam........in regards to sociology...fair point.....but between february and june I have no other exams left...just 4 exams for sociology....so basicaly i will b doing sociology full time from 9am to 4pm...normal school day....probably more if i have enuff enrgy in me...lol

ReputationRep:
    What uni is your offer from?

ReputationRep:
    wolvs want BBB but will consider if i were to get BB with C in chem I also have an A in art aswell wich adds to my tariff score.......medway school of pharmacy said I am guarenteed a place in mpharm with BBC/A (AS art)...and if I get CCC/A or lower then they will still consider me for a 2 year foundation course (basically the first year of mpharm)and provided I pass that with 40% or above in my modules they will enter me to the 2nd year of mpharm at the school........what do you think about my situation am I being realistic?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I was predicted AABa for chemistry, biology, english and maths but my only offer was biochemistry at nottingham since I was probably aiming too high and got a ton of rejections D;

I'm thinking of postponing my place and reapplying if I do get my grades though. Either way I'd recommend taking AS level maths because pharmacy can involve a lot of quantitative maths at times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.