Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    You go out at 5? **** this, I'm in audit and have to get back at 10 the earliest.
    Plus the 8am starts and the 2 hour lunches... I think he's just landed the cushiest internship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    You go out at 5? **** this, I'm in audit and have to get back at 10 the earliest.
    What client are you on. It's not normally this bad outside of busy season.

ReputationRep:
    this blog would be cool but hte "impossible is nothing" title is really gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    this blog would be cool but hte "impossible is nothing" title is really gay
    Think of it this way, it brings back Aleksey Vayner into our hearts, which is always a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabster_88)
    What client are you on. It's not normally this bad outside of busy season.
    FTSE 100. Sometimes when the partner pops in, he leaves even later than I am, which is ridiculous. :eek3:

It is the busy season, it's half year review time goddammit.

I'm so damn unlucky as well, most of my fellow interns get out at 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    Think of it this way, it brings back Aleksey Vayner into our hearts, which is always a good thing
    ... and it's gone :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    It's more targetted to those about to start their first year, and those who just finished their first year. I wouldn't be explaining the meaning of terms like EM and FICC otherwise.
    No offense, but even then its not interesting/really useful (as I would be the 'target market' as a first year).

Your in the Nigerian office of Citigroup no?

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell cares?
    If you find it interesting, cool. If not, no one forced you to read it.
    Indeed no did force me, but you should take criticism both bad and good (if anyone has made the latter that is)........

P.S. I couldn't open your PM :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    But this is good stuff, you got me thinking into writing a PE intern one :p:
    We know how that one goes though... writing another company down to zero, lenders asking annoying questions... comapny now bankrupt etc. etc. etc. Restructuring...

ReputationRep:
    So most people working their are natives? Is there a lot of white males from UK/US?

ReputationRep:
    What an *******, whoever he is :p:
    Deleted anything in the thread that could be borderline confidential, and probably won't continue the blog anymore lol. 1-0 to the haters.
    Ignore the haters. There are a majority of us, including me, that are reading your posts with interest. Anything with an insight to the business is in my interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pourla)
    Ignore the haters. There are a majority of us, including me, that are reading your posts with interest. Anything with an insight to the business is in my interest.
    Definitely agree with Pourla, its a good blog especially for someone who is going to be applying for trading internships in a months time.

My blog is still way cooler.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but when was the last time you updated your blog?

edit your blog is the one on nicube right?

ReputationRep:
    What an *******, whoever he is :p:
    Deleted anything in the thread that could be borderline confidential, and probably won't continue the blog anymore lol. 1-0 to the haters.
    umm if you managed to get a first year internship they probably won't fire you over anything you said on the blog (though I might be forgetting. did you call your MD's mother a whore?)

either your connections are strong or then they figured that you were good enough anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    umm if you managed to get a first year internship they probably won't fire you over anything you said on the blog (though I might be forgetting. did you call your MD's mother a whore?)

either your connections are strong or then they figured that you were good enough anyway
    Its just decency not to reveal info like that on a forum, no matter if you think it will do no harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    Its just decency not to reveal info like that on a forum, no matter if you think it will do no harm.
    obviously the guy is an ass who paid 600 pounds to do a spring week at RBS but whatever, this is the internet, there are going to be *******s.

that's why I don't do nice things online

I had an intern blog too. It's on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    I had an intern blog too. It's on here.
    Seriously? No way! This is brand new information!

It was old school information 3 years ago when I wrote it.

It even got bumped the year after by inquiring minds.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.