Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My course starts 21st September...

When am I expected to be in at accomodation for freshers week etc?

I have my driving practical test on September 4th... so I'm kinda worrying now ...

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Freshers Week starts the 21st. Your course will most likely start the week after, you will just have inductions, welcome lectures etc etc in Freshers week where they ensure you have everything you need. You can usually move into accommodation the Thursday before Freshers starts, so the 17th in this case.

Don't worry about the 4th :p:

(Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Freshers Week starts the 21st. Your course will most likely start the week after, you will just have inductions, welcome lectures etc etc in Freshers week where they ensure you have everything you need. You can usually move into accommodation the Thursday before Freshers starts, so the 17th in this case.

Don't worry about the 4th :p:
    Thanks very much :yes: .

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your test.

ReputationRep:
    Dammit I was to slow with my reply, good luck with your test anyway I'm sure you'll be fine :top:

ReputationRep:
    When do most people move in?

As I really want to move in before everyone makes friends as its pretty hard to break into a friendship circle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

As I really want to move in before everyone makes friends as its pretty hard to break into a friendship circle.
    the accommodation office told me that most accomms open on the 17th , so i assume that's the date when most students move in
    you worry too much about making friends, just be yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

Don't worry about it, I moved in on the Saturday, this is the most popular day for moving in. When I came I think about 4 out of the 10 had moved in on the Thursday, but everyone in the same boat and friendship groups don't form that fast, I was welcomed immediately. But if you're that worried, move in on Thursday!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.