Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon, she might use this.

I was at my mates party tonight, and i walked to the shops with a girl to get some alcohol, and we were talking and she randomly said "you're quite good looking y'know" I was like oh ok thanks, and we laughed and just carried on chatting (this was the first time i'd met her).

She walked along holding hands and talking quite happily, and kissed, not proper making out or whatever you want to call it, but just a peck on the lips. Then, when we were back at the party i was sat with her, and my mate pulled her away and they spoke for a couple of minutes, and when she came back she was like "i dont like you like that, you misunderstood what i said"

I just dont understand how its possible to have misunderstood what she said, when i wasn't trying especially to get with her, i was just enjoying her company.

Don't know what i'm hoping for on here really, guess i just came on to vent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon, she might use this.

I was at my mates party tonight, and i walked to the shops with a girl to get some alcohol, and we were talking and she randomly said "you're quite good looking y'know" I was like oh ok thanks, and we laughed and just carried on chatting (this was the first time i'd met her).

She walked along holding hands and talking quite happily, and kissed, not proper making out or whatever you want to call it, but just a peck on the lips. Then, when we were back at the party i was sat with her, and my mate pulled her away and they spoke for a couple of minutes, and when she came back she was like "i dont like you like that, you misunderstood what i said"

I just dont understand how its possible to have misunderstood what she said, when i wasn't trying especially to get with her, i was just enjoying her company.

Don't know what i'm hoping for on here really, guess i just came on to vent.
    It's a bit unfair to hate the entire population of females because of one drunk girl. :p:

Alcohol was involved and you didn't really know her - it could have been any number of things from her friend reminding her she had a boyfriend to her friend wanting a piece of you herself.

Try forget about and don't worry about it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    it must have been something your friend said to her

what she said was out of the blue, imo, because what happens at house parties normally stays at house parties.

but thats what some girls do

(Original post by kexy)
    It's a bit unfair to hate the entire population of females because of one drunk girl. :p:

Alcohol was involved and you didn't really know her - it could have been any number of things from her friend reminding her she had a boyfriend to her friend wanting a piece of you herself.

Try forget about and don't worry about it. :yep:
    Neither of us were that drunk, and it was one of my mates, who happens to be one of my best mates and i know he wouldn't do anything like try to get with a girl i was interested in.

And haha at not hating the entire population of females. I don't hate them, they just drive me round the bend with all their complicated-ness and stuff. Why cant they just be simple, like us men :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Neither of us were that drunk, and it was one of my mates, who happens to be one of my best mates and i know he wouldn't do anything like try to get with a girl i was interested in.

And haha at not hating the entire population of females. I don't hate them, they just drive me round the bend with all their complicated-ness and stuff. Why cant they just be simple, like us men :rolleyes:
    I think men are just as complicated as women. I don't think we're any different at all, people like to generalise but people's emotions and thoughts are very difficult and complicated to understand often, regardless of their sex or gender.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

Men... Simple... Don't you even get me started! Ohhhhh now I want to rant...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she was being a little silly and obviously playing with your emotions. Forget about it people in general are confusing so not just the female side of the population.

Its anyones guess as to why she had the sudden change of mind, we are no closer to knowing then you are. Just forget about it and go find someone else.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.