Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of these boots? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of these boots for Autumn? Do you like them or do you think they look awful? Opinions please.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    They are so cool!!! Where did you get them from!?

ReputationRep:
    Look a bit old fashioned imo.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear I think we were supposed to quote her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michi)
    They are so cool!!! Where did you get them from!?
    They're 'vintage' supposedly. I'm contemplating whether or not to buy them from a family friend. I thought I might be the only one who thinks they look good, but you've given me some reassurance that it's not just me!

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad. I'd prefer them either with laces all the way up or not at all, but that's just my personal preference. Definitely a good shoe for cold weather, though.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh they're horrible!

They look like horse riding boots, but worse. How could anyone like those?

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I wouldn't wear them, personally. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menagerie)
    They're 'vintage' supposedly. I'm contemplating whether or not to buy them from a family friend. I thought I might be the only one who thinks they look good, but you've given me some reassurance that it's not just me!
    Argh I am so incredibly jealous. I have a pair of little vintage leather gloves that are a really similar colour and it just really reminded me of them. I think they're great for winter and they look super versatile..you can pair it up with thick tights and a mini or dark denim. Anyway you should definitely consider them, they look pretty tough too, so might actually last you for quite a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I'm so indecisive. I can't decide whether I really like them or really don't...

ReputationRep:
    Hm..how much are they being sold for?

ReputationRep:
    £25. I suppose when you put it that way, I'm not going to get another pair of boots for that price!

ReputationRep:
    OMG bargain! Seriously go for it, worst case scenario, flog them on ebay and there will definitely be people wanting them. Also they would look insane with jodphurs and a shirt sleeved ralph lauren polo.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm going to get them. thank you for your help! Enjoy the rep

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I've done a good deed and it's only 3 hours and 30 minutes into today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michi)
    OMG bargain! Seriously go for it, worst case scenario, flog them on ebay and there will definitely be people wanting them. Also they would look insane with jodphurs and a shirt sleeved ralph lauren polo.
    I don't mean to offend, but your fashion sense is appalling!

Why on earth would you wear a skirt and tights in winter if you're worried about being cold? OK, with the boots your lower legs will be slightly warm but the rest of you will be freezing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)

Why on earth would you wear a skirt and tights in winter if you're worried about being cold? OK, with the boots your lower legs will be slightly warm but the rest of you will be freezing
    These boots aside, skirt and thick tights is normal winter wear... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menagerie)
    These boots aside, skirt and thick tights is normal winter wear... :confused:
    Girls are crazy. Really. It's like when you see half dressed girls going out clubbing in next to nothing when it's freezing outside. Can't they feel the cold?

Trousers/jeans are a necessity in winter, surely?!

ReputationRep:

None taken Also I think you might be referring to my idea of practicality more than my actual fashion sense...

Why wouldn't I wear a skirt and tights in winter with boots? It's what I'm totally comfortable in, and I don't mind being cold, if I feel I look reasonably nice (to my standards). And if that's what I want to do, no one can stop me!

Also the OP did say she was planning on wearing then in autumn, which, even in the UK isn't exactly freezing so I think boots, tights and a short skirt in autumnal weather are totally fine.

ReputationRep:
    Girls are crazy. Really. It's like when you see half dressed girls going out clubbing in next to nothing when it's freezing outside. Can't they feel the cold?

Trousers/jeans are a necessity in winter, surely?!
    No, no, I'm not one of the half-dressed in the cold type of girls, I just honestly am warm enough in some nice thick tights and a skirt. Unless it's absolutely freezing, in which case, yes, trousers are a must.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.