Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    I read above and it appears that you are a Romney fan too? Awesome! I've become more Libertarian lately but am a little turned off by the Tea-Party just because its too easy for the media to focus on the dumbest people there. I'm also no where near Ron Paul, just a little enlightened courtesy of Ayn Rand.

What do you think of Guliani by the way? I mean he's no Romney but I like him a ton too.
    I like Romney and Guliani both quite a bit. I've never been about the social issues, so I don't care if they supported gay marriage or abortion. Of the two I'm not sure who has a better shot. Charlie Crist, a liar and fraud, knifed Guliani in the back by promising to endorse him and then endorsed McCain in 2008. This ruined Guliani's Florida game plan.

Romney came a lot closer to getting the nomination, but Romneycare is so similar to Obamacare, he is going to have a real problem now. How is he going to run against Obama's healthcare clusterfvck when he was behind a similar plan in Mass? Also the media is going to keep scaring people about him being a Mormon, which is another problem.

Both men are sharp and could tear Obama to pieces. Obama needs a teleprompter to sound intelligent, but Romney and Guliani are really good at thinking on their feet.

You are right about the tea party. It's over 50% democrats and independents, it's not a very organized movement and it really has no leadership, but that's the epitome of grassroots movements I suppose. Isn't it funny how the media never picked apart screwball left wing groups like code pink? You wouldn't even need to look in the crowd for the stupidest person for an interview...these left wing groups are so dimwitted, they could just pick out Medea Benjamin (code pink's leader) for an interview and she would come across as less intelligent than even the dumbest teapartier you could find.

I've become more Libertarian lately but am a little turned off by the Tea-Party just because its too easy for the media to focus on the dumbest people there.
    This is an interesting article that goes beyond looking at the few 'dumb people', but reveals some tension in the Tea Party Nation between theocons and libertarians: http://www.nybooks.com/articles/23723

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    I like Romney and Guliani both quite a bit. I've never been about the social issues, so I don't care if they supported gay marriage or abortion. Of the two I'm not sure who has a better shot. Charlie Crist, a liar and fraud, knifed Guliani in the back by promising to endorse him and then endorsed McCain in 2008. This ruined Guliani's Florida game plan.

Romney came a lot closer to getting the nomination, but Romneycare is so similar to Obamacare, he is going to have a real problem now. How is he going to run against Obama's healthcare clusterfvck when he was behind a similar plan in Mass? Also the media is going to keep scaring people about him being a Mormon, which is another problem.

Both men are sharp and could tear Obama to pieces. Obama needs a teleprompter to sound intelligent, but Romney and Guliani are really good at thinking on their feet.

You are right about the tea party. It's over 50% democrats and independents, it's not a very organized movement and it really has no leadership, but that's the epitome of grassroots movements I suppose. Isn't it funny how the media never picked apart screwball left wing groups like code pink? You wouldn't even need to look in the crowd for the stupidest person for an interview...these left wing groups are so dimwitted, they could just pick out Medea Benjamin (code pink's leader) for an interview and she would come across as less intelligent than even the dumbest teapartier you could find.
    Guliani will never have a chance if the Republicans keep creating a platform around social issues. It is literally the dumbest political tactic ever. If they want to crush the Dems then let it be on economics and foreign policy: typical Republican strong points.

The Romney healthcare isn't too troubling, as that will be 4 years from now. I hear the Mormon thing is actually a huge problem down south, where Christians view Mormons in the same way Jews view Jews for Jesus; this is not good at all for our dear friend Mitt.

Right now I'm more worried about Obama's horrendous foreign policy and his love for bailouts than any healthcare plan. Don't even get me started on the environmental programs....:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Guliani will never have a chance if the Republicans keep creating a platform around social issues. It is literally the dumbest political tactic ever. If they want to crush the Dems then let it be on economics and foreign policy: typical Republican strong points.

I'm a north easterner, so like you, I don't care about the social issues that much. But we have to recognize that there aren't enough people like us to win an election.

The republican party is a huge tent. About 25% to 30% of the party consists of people who are social conservatives. The ideal candidate (like Reagan for example) needs to be strong on all three areas: Social Issues, National Security, and Economic Issues.

Romney and Guliani are good on economics and foreign policy, but they are too weak on the social issues to be good national candidates. The problem is that I can't think of anyone who is strong on all three points who would make a good candidate.

One guy I am really impressed by is Marco Rubio. He is way too young and it is way too soon for him, but I am liking what I see so far. Maybe he could be president someday, and what the hell would the democrats do against a hispanic candidate? They couldn't play the race card like they always do. I saw this speech and was really impressed

ReputationRep:
    Just when you thought the american left could not get any more lame, they have outdone themselves and raised the bar. I could hardly believe my eyes when I read this article:

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2010/04/...hers%E2%80%99/

It's one of several articles I have read about attempts to discredit the protest we are seeing all over the country. It's one thing to catch someone in the act of doing something bad, but quite another to manufacture evidence to slander people.

I know democrats think they are clever by always playing the race card, but I predict that these kinds of tactics will blow up in their faces and cause them some serious losses in the upcoming November election.

Here is some advice to any democrats reading this: Instead of trying to paint everyone who disagrees with you as some kind of racist, why don't you...try to refute their ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Obama didn't need a teleprompter when he tore the Republican Party a new ******* collectively a few months ago at the GOP conference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_K_Dilkington)
    Obama didn't need a teleprompter when he tore the Republican Party a new ******* collectively a few months ago at the GOP conference.
    Lets see a link of that please. Obama has never said anything intelligent unless it was written for him. If he is so good at intelligently refuting opposing ideas, why is he dropping in the polls like a rock in a well? His party is so desperate, they've resorted to infultrating tea parties disguised as nazis

ReputationRep:
    Just when you thought the american left could not get any more lame, they have outdone themselves and raised the bar. I could hardly believe my eyes when I read this article:

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2010/04/...hers%E2%80%99/

It's one of several articles I have read about attempts to discredit the protest we are seeing all over the country. It's one thing to catch someone in the act of doing something bad, but quite another to manufacture evidence to slander people.

I know democrats think they are clever by always playing the race card, but I predict that these kinds of tactics will blow up in their faces and cause them some serious losses in the upcoming November election.

Here is some advice to any democrats reading this: Instead of trying to paint everyone who disagrees with you as some kind of racist, why don't you...try to refute their ideas?
    Gee... an anonymous source in an article written by a blogger who, judging by his previous articles, clearly has an axe to grind with democrats.

It must be true - teh internet says so! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Gee... an anonymous source in an article written by a blogger who, judging by his previous articles, clearly has an axe to grind with democrats.

It must be true - teh internet says so! :rolleyes:
    The left has very poor representation in the US. I know you don't want to believe the story but it is true. The democrat party is really lame enough to pull a stunt like this out of desperation.

It's been in the media for days now. Here is the website of Jason Levin, one of the main democrats organizing the smear:
    http://www.crashtheteaparty.org/

http://www.google.com/search?q=jason...N&hl=en&tab=wn

ReputationRep:
    The left has very poor representation in the US. I know you don't want to believe the story but it is true. The democrat party is really lame enough to pull a stunt like this out of desperation.

It's been in the media for days now. Here is the website of Jason Levin, one of the main democrats organizing the smear:
    http://www.crashtheteaparty.org/

http://www.google.com/search?q=jason...N&hl=en&tab=wn
    Jadon Levin is a nobody wacko and attributing his acts as systematic of the Democrat party is as deluded as attributing, say, murders of abortionists to the Republican party.

ReputationRep:
    stupidity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    stupidity
    Republicans are generally more educated than people who vote democrat.

ReputationRep:
    Republicans are generally more educated than people who vote democrat.
    You mean like GWB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You mean like GWB?
    He did go to Yale and Harvard....but I was talking about the voters

Have you got evidence to back up that one side's voters are more educated than the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    Have you got evidence to back up that one side's voters are more educated than the other?
    Are you for real? People who are of a higher social class or make more money (both of these factors correlating with higher intelligence) are more likely to vote Republican. Everyone knows that.

Edit: I found a source: http://jerseyretort.blogspot.com/200...minishing.html

The jackass party is full of stupid people, but the gap is closing.

Are you for real? People who are of a higher social class or make more money (both of these factors correlating with higher intelligence) are more likely to vote Republican. Everyone knows that.

Edit: I found a source: http://jerseyretort.blogspot.com/200...minishing.html

The jackass party is full of stupid people, but the gap is closing.
    I wasn't necessarily disputing with what you were saying,just interested in the polls or reports into it.

ReputationRep:
    GWB never voted? I expect he couldn't read what was on the ballot paper.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it's quite simple, anyone who votes for the democrats is nieve, stupid, selfish etc.
    I'll empathise further if someone disgarees (which is likely considered were brainwashed from birth to be "liberal" even though it's acutally fascist).
    Republican isn't that much better, but atleast they have a brain which they use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashhow)
    Actually it's quite simple, anyone who votes for the democrats is nieve, stupid, selfish etc.
    I'll empathise further if someone disgarees (which is likely considered were brainwashed from birth to be "liberal" even though it's acutally fascist).
    Republican isn't that much better, but atleast they have a brain which they use.
    Erm.... :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.