Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Erm.... :lolwut:
    Well, to be fair, the evidence posted by Made in the USA seems to suggest that (on average) Republicans are clearly smarter than Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckelf)
    Well, to be fair, the evidence posted by Made in the USA seems to suggest that (on average) Republicans are clearly smarter than Democrats.
    I'm not actually refering to IQ, but how they come up with ideas.
    I.E. They will happily sacrifice civil liberties without even thinking anything through whatsoever.
    Perhaps an over exagerated example would be say if a man is killed with a plumbing pipe, the "educated" liberals cry, ban plumbing pipes. Simply because they see the pipe as the cause of the death, and that ridding them will stop all such incidents happening again, completly neglecting to even so much as thing of the obvious consiquences this ban would have.

ReputationRep:
    dey took ur jerbs?

only reason ah can think of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_lawd)
    dey took ur jerbs?

only reason ah can think of.
    I don't see either party doing anything to stop illegal immigration. The republican party LOVES it because it gives companies access to cheap labor. Democrats like illegal immigration because they think Mexican immigrants will vote democrat in the future if they are ever given citizenship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    I don't see either party doing anything to stop illegal immigration. The republican party LOVES it because it gives companies access to cheap labor. Democrats like illegal immigration because they think Mexican immigrants will vote democrat in the future if they are ever given citizenship.
    aye, totally true.

am not against immigration anyway. why can a person not live in a certain country because of a government/or its people prohibit it? we are only one this earth once to do as we please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    What makes people vote Republican?
    3 Things:

1. [1]Ignorance
      [2]Stupidity
      [3]Nothing else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbobur)
    3 Things:

1. [1]Ignorance
      [2]Stupidity
      [3]Nothing else
    It's people like you that prevent debates based on reason. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_lawd)
    aye, totally true.

am not against immigration anyway.
    why can a person not live in a certain country because of a government/or its people prohibit it? we are only one this earth once to do as we please.
    Is there such thing as being against immigration? It's only illegal immigration that people have a problem with, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who is opposed to legal immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    It's people like you that prevent debates based on reason. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.
    I am *so* ashamed of myself for realising that it is better to make some off-the-cuff remark than to get into a serious debate when in the company of people as opinionated as yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.