Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To take the morning-after-pill or not ?? Watch

I finished my period on Thursday, and today (Friday) my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, and he did *** inside me. I am not on any pills. I know I should not have started ovulating already (7th day of menstrual cycle) , but I am very paranoid. What are the chances of getting pregnant ? Should I take the morning-after-pill or not ? I've heard it screws up the menstrual cycle big time and has dangerous after effects on the body. Please advice...I dont want to get pregnant !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Take the morning after pill to be certain. You'll regret not taking it if you end up pregnant. It does mess up your cycle in the one that you take it in, but it won't damage you permanently unless you take it too often.

Also, maybe you should consider going on the pill or something?

ReputationRep:
    Sperm can stay alive up to 7 days within the vagina, so even if you don't ovulate for another week, you're still not safe. And you don't necessarily know when you'll ovulate.

DEFINITELY take the morning-after pill. It has temporary side effects, but it won't have any lasting effects on your health. Whoever told you it was dangerous is sadly misinformed.

ReputationRep:
    P.S. For the future, remember: No glove, no love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMZB)
    P.S. For the future, remember: No glove, no love.
    This. Never-ever-ever have sex without a condom unless you're prepared for a chance of having a little bundle of joy 40 weeks afterwards.

The morning-after pill can become dangerous if it's used regularly... I'd definately recommend you taking it! You might be a bit messed up for a month but its better than risking pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    Just take it

ReputationRep:
    Better safe than sorry. Although you don't think you maybe have ovulated yet there is not way of knowing for certain. Also maybe now is the time to consider other contraceptives?

ReputationRep:
    Er, YES? You've just had unprotected sex and he did ejaculate? And i think you ought to set up precautions in future, just to be safe. I wouldn't go on just thinking i'm unlikely to get pregnant because of where you are in your cycle - Animals have sex on/immediately after their period as a standard! You might be safe, but it's better not to chance it, especially bearing in mind sperm can survive days inside you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.