Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    So which one of these supermarkets are the cheapest? Asda?

Also, is it cheaper to buy online? I mean, you have to pay 3.50 pounds for delivery, but you get 20 percent discount when shopping online, dont you?
    Some offcer a introductory discount, so will be off your first shopping order, but would most likely have to be over £50 total.
    After your first time, they are same price as the store,
    Sometimes if they run out of you product you get a alternative, and sometimes you get extra things by mistake :-)

I dont like online shopping, as you dont get to see/hold the products, or get the good deals, like bogof,

ReputationRep:
    How much could the bed stuff cost? Is it really expensive? I mean pillows, bedding, cases, everything! Is it that expensive that I better bring everything from home (I'm from whole other country and taking a flight to Liverpool)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    How much could the bed stuff cost? Is it really expensive? I mean pillows, bedding, cases, everything! Is it that expensive that I better bring everything from home (I'm from whole other country and taking a flight to Liverpool)?
    I just bought a single duvet from Asda for £6.50 and pillows were 2 for £5 ready to take with me to halls..They were the cheapest options at Asda but you may be able to get them even cheaper elsewhere.
    Bedding tends to be fairly cheap to pick up also
    when are you moving over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-l-i-s-o-n)
    I just bought a single duvet from Asda for £6.50 and pillows were 2 for £5 ready to take with me to halls..They were the cheapest options at Asda but you may be able to get them even cheaper elsewhere.
    Bedding tends to be fairly cheap to pick up also
    when are you moving over?
    Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll buy everything there, 'cause if it's that cheap, there's no reason for me to bring this from home.

I'm coming to Preston on August 13th, I'll be staying in Boatman's Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll buy everything there, 'cause if it's that cheap, there's no reason for me to bring this from home.

I'm coming to Preston on August 13th, I'll be staying in Boatman's Court.
    Yes i guess its easier to buy here that have the hassel of trying to bring everything.
    Not long till you move then! Are you excited?
    Your very brave studying in a different country! Sure you will have a great time here though! I'm only moving an hour away from home but can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Yes i guess its easier to buy here that have the hassel of trying to bring everything.
    Not long till you move then! Are you excited?
    Your very brave studying in a different country! Sure you will have a great time here though! I'm only moving an hour away from home but can't wait
    Nah, maybe excited a little bit. Not so much though. Just want to get on with my studies as soon as possible, and start practicing.
    Hey, thanks. Well, I hope so. I've been to Preston for a couple of days in the beginning of summer, loved it.
    What course you're doing? Where are you coming from, Manchester/Liverpool? That's great, I wonder how friendly people are in North England, and would someone invite me to stay after I end up with no money, and just homeless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    Nah, maybe excited a little bit. Not so much though. Just want to get on with my studies as soon as possible, and start practicing.
    Hey, thanks. Well, I hope so. I've been to Preston for a couple of days in the beginning of summer, loved it.
    What course you're doing? Where are you coming from, Manchester/Liverpool? That's great, I wonder how friendly people are in North England, and would someone invite me to stay after I end up with no money, and just homeless.
    i'm going to be studying fashion, how about you?
    i live in a really small town at the moment that no-ones ever heard of! so moving to a city is going to be a big change! Northerners tend to be really friendly (although i guess i would say that seen as im a northerner!) aww and im sure you won't end up poor and homeless!!
    u thinking of gettin a part time job? i just handed in my notice for my job so its probably going to be me thats got no money!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to be studying fashion, how about you?
    i live in a really small town at the moment that no-ones ever heard of! so moving to a city is going to be a big change! Northerners tend to be really friendly (although i guess i would say that seen as im a northerner!) aww and im sure you won't end up poor and homeless!!
    u thinking of gettin a part time job? i just handed in my notice for my job so its probably going to be me thats got no money!
    Hey, Fashion's nice! Interesting! Me, I'm doing Acting.
    Great, I won't be alone on that moving to a new place thing.
    I haven't got a part-time job yet, but yeah, I'm thinking of getting one, 'cause that's the only way I'd feed myself. Well, I'll guess we both end up in similar place, but we'll figure something out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    Hey, Fashion's nice! Interesting! Me, I'm doing Acting.
    Great, I won't be alone on that moving to a new place thing.
    I haven't got a part-time job yet, but yeah, I'm thinking of getting one, 'cause that's the only way I'd feed myself. Well, I'll guess we both end up in similar place, but we'll figure something out.
    Acting also seems like a good subject, hope u enjoy it!
    At least with you moving earlier than everyone else, it will give you a head start on the job hunting.
    Good luck with the move Maybe see you around campus in September!

ReputationRep:
    Acting also seems like a good subject, hope u enjoy it!
    At least with you moving earlier than everyone else, it will give you a head start on the job hunting.
    Good luck with the move Maybe see you around campus in September!
    Yeah, I'll try to start hunting as soon as possible. I'll give a notice if I'll find any extra places.
    Thanks. You too. Great, hope to catch up with you later. Take care.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody,

Just yesterday came to Preston. I'm in Boatman's Court. Wondering what's the cheapest place for buying food - Home Bargains? And don't you guys add salt when cooking? Can't find it anywhere.

Preston's great. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Home Bargains is cheap but doesn't have a massive range of stuff. Try Iceland, it's near the outdoor market that is up the road from Home Bargains. Or there's Aldi which is right by Boatman's Court on Corporation Street in that little shopping area with the big car park as you go into town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powka)
    Hey everybody,

Just yesterday came to Preston. I'm in Boatman's Court. Wondering what's the cheapest place for buying food - Home Bargains? And don't you guys add salt when cooking? Can't find it anywhere.

Preston's great. Cheers
    You can't find SALT?

I thought lots of English people were known for covering their food in salt.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Does anyone know where can I buy that big Nestle Quality Street assorted chocolates metal box? I was in Morrisons, Aldi, some other shops, it's not there... I'm going back home for a few days, I'd like to bring that one. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find most northerners to be dead friendly. should try asda for what your looking for, its good for pretty much everything, if not, just check on the online shops and other general shops in the area, should help

ReputationRep:
    Alright, one more question in "The Cheapest" section. Who can suggest the cheapest place to buy some good meat in Preston? Chicken, to be exact. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The market could be a good shout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAFCBrad)
    The market could be a good shout
    Is it near Iceland, just downstairs?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the entrance is right near Iceland. Downstairs market sells food, the upstairs market sells all kinds of things.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!

Fellas, what's the cheapest place in Preston to buy clothes? Is it TK-MAX in Fishergate Center, or is there something else that's even cheaper? Like jeans, and tops...

Thanks in advance!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.