Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do!? Opinions needed please! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I posted on this matter a few days ago, but before I make a definite decision I would like to gather a few more opinions!

So there's this girl I like, who was one of my housemates at uni. Over the last months of uni we became close, and she began to show signs of liking me, like linking arms, holding hands etc whilst on nights out.

When we left uni for the last time, she kept on texting me, wandering what I was doing, then we went on holiday as a house, and the same trends happened again, we got on really well!

Problem is she has a boyfriend, and her birthday is coming up soon - I want to send her flowers, but am not sure if this is a good idea.

So basically the question i'm asking is fairly straightforward - should I send this girl flowers!?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Don't send her flowers, send her something less...romantic. That way the boyfriend won't cotton on that something may be going on. Then txt her telling her you wanted to send flowers but didn't think it was a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Don't send the flowers. You should probably talk to her directly about the signs you've been picking up instead.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should send flowers that could be interpretted really wrongly. Why don't you send her something like a jokey present or something that relates to an injoke?

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I wouldn't send her flowers.

ReputationRep:
    Flowers.... NO!

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with everyone else, I wouldn't send flowers. If I got sent flowers from a guy at uni, I don't think my boyfriend would be best pleased. As others have said, get her something less romantic.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto with the above!

ReputationRep:
    so, if I dont send flowers, what would you girls recommend? I want to send something that kind of shows I put thought and effort in.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you have a nice picture of the both of you, you could get it framed in one of those sparkly loveheart-shaped frames and give that to her.

...no?

Ok then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gardreb)
    Don't send her flowers, send her something less...romantic. That way the boyfriend won't cotton on that something may be going on. Then txt her telling her you wanted to send flowers but didn't think it was a good idea.
    This is good advice.

Like this person says, send her *something* and then tell her you wanted to send something more romantic but you didn't want to hurt feelings between her and her boyfriend. You never know, she may start liking you even more and dump her current boyfriend for you

ReputationRep:
    I'd send a card with a nice message in it & a present that shows you've been listening to her/thought about what she would really like (a pair of earring that match a necklace she already has, a book by an author she really likes, a DVD she has mentioned she wants to watch). None of those presents seem particularly romantic but suggest you've been paying attention to her

ReputationRep:
    In the name of George W. Bush's pantaloons, don't send her flowers! A friend of mine once took my friendliness as a green light and sent me flowers on Valentines day. I wanted to hurl into them.
    If you know her well, you'll know what kind of things she likes, so think DVDs, music, maybe she's into some kooky things (like from Urban Outfitters. If I'm stuck on what I should get someone, Urban Outfitters always has something cool - albeit ridiculously expensive - that I think most girls will like.)

ReputationRep:
    send them to her. if she asks why are you doing this (showing that she does not have any intentions toward you ) then tell her it is a friendly gesture. but if she has a bf then you should stay away, i mean you don't want to be swimming in another man's pool! but if you like the girl then ask her if she likes you or not. i know asking that is difficult if you are friends so instead why don't you ask her "hinting" questions. good luck! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelife)
    so, if I dont send flowers, what would you girls recommend? I want to send something that kind of shows I put thought and effort in.
    Thanks!
    Send her YELLOW flowers. yellow stands for friendship.

ReputationRep:
    She obviously likes you as a friend, but it's not worth messing up her relationship with her boyfriend. Giving her flowers is just going to give her boyfriend the wrong impression. Girls have a habit of growing attached to guys who give them attention but it doesn't mean they fancy you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't send flowers, send something else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.