Turn on thread page Beta

Confused - do I count as an international student? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kahani_Moon)
    Obviously it's better to actually look this up, but when I was applying 3 years ago I was living abroad. It was in Europe, so that may have had an impact. Anyway, most of my friends were counted as EU status as they were British, but had not lived in Britain for the required time. So they paid the same fees as British students, but they didn't get the loans or grants. I imagine if you remained in Malaysia, this will be the case for you. However, because I could prove that my family had no choice moving oversees, I could qualify for the loans. You may be able to get this, but there are specific requirements.
    If She remains in Malaysia, he probably won't be eligible for anything. Being in the EU is different as EU students still pay 'home' fees, but they don't get grants or loans from the UK Student Finance. There are loans for EU students however, but they are through EU Customer Services. Here: http://www.slc.co.uk/about%20us/remi...rectorate.html

I actually ended up qualifying as an EU student. So I pay 'home' fees but I have to get my loan from the EU Customer Services; but I chose to just pay my fees upfront. But this isn't really relevant to the OP.

EDIT: She not he.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.