Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The course for biology requires ABB, but due to its position is league table etc - there are places higher than it, eg Warwick which ask BBB.

What i am asking is, do southampton really require ABB, or if you slip a grade etc will they still accept you.

Is ABB what a lot of people get in on or do people get in for less?

ReputationRep:
    a person who I know got an offer from Southampton for Biology and made it his firm.
    He got an offer of BBB.

I think Southampton often asks for higher predictions and gives lower offers (well with science subjects anyway). It's the same for chemistry. They ask for AAA, but those who got offers from Southampton got ABB (warwick also I believe asking for AAA, yet giving offers of ABB).

Having said that, perhaps it would be better to seek advice from others who know more about it on student room. I'm merely quoting the offers which other people got in my school. Also it would hurt ringing the uni up (or sending an email to them) asking them about this.

I don't know about whether they'd let you in if you slip a grade. That's depends on the popularity of the course and whether they have any free spaces (or would rather accept those they had made an offer to than accept those through clearing).

ReputationRep:
    on my open day they said if you miss the grades it's worth ringing up and trying- I know my boyfriend missed his grades by quite a bit and they let him in after he called but I guess it depends on the course.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.