Turn on thread page Beta

Liking or needing someone else validation for your dislike of an enemy watch

ReputationRep:
    This^.

Is it shallow? Symptom of something wrong? Or normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    This^.

I don't mean to be rude but I honestly have no idea what you're asking. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I think the medical definition of this is '*****iness'.

You have 2 weeks to live.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend regularly hangs out with the only two people in the whole world that I have a severe dislike for.

You pretty much have to get over it. Why does it matter if your friends have other friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    I don't mean to be rude but I honestly have no idea what you're asking. :indiff:
    You got a conflct with someone. You feel warm or validated when other people also dislike said person or take your side. Sad, shallow, or normal?

ReputationRep:
    You'll grow out of it. You'll also grow out of calling people you don't particularly like 'enemies' - who does that!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You'll grow out of it. You'll also grow out of calling people you don't particularly like 'enemies' - who does that!?
    Hahaha - that's totally true, now you mention it. Enemies are for war-films and five year olds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    This is a common indication of immaturity and shallowness.Its true you gotta get over it.
    Why exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    This^.

as you grow, a person should have more mature attitudes to people they claim to dislike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    Your need for other people's validation of your sentiments.
    why?

my opinions are my own, and I only test them against reality. all healthy people do this.

i'm confident enough to stand by my own opinions, without needing others to validate them.

ReputationRep:
    If you dislike someone, it's normal to feel good when someone else dislikes them too. You eventually realise that other people disliking that person has no bearing on your life. Also, 'enemy' is a strong word to use.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I don't think I've ever had an 'enemy' but if I dislike someone it's always good when someone else does too, as it confirms that you're not being unreasonable. Plus you can ***** about them which is fun

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.