Turn on thread page Beta

PopIdol - a forgone conclusion? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to my friend the other day and she said she bet me £10 that Sam would win PopIdol this year.

Do you think so? I will be so dissapointed if he does, cos i want Suzzanne to win, her voice is really unique...

What do you think should i bet her £10 that he won't... or would that be stupid?

C U Soon

CoraBelle

ReputationRep:
    Suzanne is only sometimes good, the rest of the time she's just silly.

Sam is great, but my personal favourite is Chris. It was Roxanne before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoraBelle)
    I was talking to my friend the other day and she said she bet me £10 that Sam would win PopIdol this year.

Do you think so? I will be so dissapointed if he does, cos i want Suzzanne to win, her voice is really unique...

What do you think should i bet her £10 that he won't... or would that be stupid?

C U Soon

CoraBelle
    I don't really like the obese one. Sam is ok and I think that he will win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Suzanne is only sometimes good, the rest of the time she's just silly.

Sam is great, but my personal favourite is Chris. It was Roxanne before.
    My fave was Roxanne too b4 she got voted off... and i totally agree about Suzanne being just silly sometimes 'specially with her outfits! But when she's good she's goooooood!

CB

ReputationRep:
    My fave was Roxanne too b4 she got voted off... and i totally agree about Suzanne being just silly sometimes 'specially with her outfits! But when she's good she's goooooood!

CB
    has anybody heard about suzanne's playboy offers?

ReputationRep:
    the only way a girl will win pop idol is if she's ugly. Fact is that girls vote, and girls will never vote for a girl that looks better than they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    Fact is that girls vote, and girls will never vote for a girl that looks better than they do.
    That's not true in all cases and I'm a living example. Don't use stereotypes

ReputationRep:

CB
    Yes...when she did "i don't wanna talk about it" she was seriously great. Other times I just think she's normal anyold.

ReputationRep:
    Even though ive been watching pop idol all the way through I don't think the contestants are marginally as good as last years and secondly Andy was the only one that could actually maintain in the business withouf a one hit wonder. The rest of them are complete idiots...

ReputationRep:
    That's not true in all cases and I'm a living example. Don't use stereotypes
    so why are males always favourties to win reality tv shows? And when I say girls, I mean girls, most people of your age wouldn't waste time voting for these types of "entertainment" shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    Even though ive been watching pop idol all the way through I don't think the contestants are marginally as good as last years and secondly Andy was the only one that could actually maintain in the business withouf a one hit wonder. The rest of them are complete idiots...
    I agree, Andy was great. And yes, last year's standard was generally higher and so is the standard of american idol.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're idiots though....

ReputationRep:
    And when I say girls, I mean girls, most people of your age wouldn't waste time voting for these types of "entertainment" shows.
    I'm a girl who has occasionally voted. I wouldn't have any problem in voting for someone who's prettier.

If you were right, there would be a very uneven number of guys and girls in teh final 12...but they have roughly been the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl who has occasionally voted. I wouldn't have any problem in voting for someone who's prettier.
    yep thats fine, but your vote isn't going to have any affect. The show is geared towards preteen/young teenages girls, and they are the majority of people who vote. They won't vote for the best singer, but for the cute guy they like.

ReputationRep:
    yep thats fine, but your vote isn't going to have any affect. The show is geared towards preteen/young teenages girls, and they are the majority of people who vote. They won't vote for the best singer, but for the cute guy they like.
    Of course, I agree. Just didn't like that generalisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus09)
    has anybody heard about suzanne's playboy offers?
    :eek: Come on... tell all - no i haven't heard!!!

Or are you trying to put me of her by inventing a scandal???!!!

You're not a Sam fan are you?

CB

ReputationRep:

If you were right, there would be a very uneven number of guys and girls in teh final 12...but they have roughly been the same.
    I'd definately vote for someone who's prettier - isn't that the whole point of them being an idol - someone you want to be like?

What do you think? :cool:

CB

ReputationRep:
    so why are males always favourties to win reality tv shows? And when I say girls, I mean girls, most people of your age wouldn't waste time voting for these types of "entertainment" shows.
    I certainly am not going to waste money on my telephone bills.

Didn't the tabloids say that Kirsty was the favourite to win?

ReputationRep:
    I'd definately vote for someone who's prettier - isn't that the whole point of them being an idol - someone you want to be like?

What do you think? :cool:

CB
    I vote for the singer who sings the best, be they pretty or ugly. At the end of the day, I'll be listening to them, not watching them.

The stuff about them being an idol is ridiculous as an idol is someone who you respect in terms of their personality, etc. and frankly there's nothing special about this lot except for their voices/songs. I wouldn't want to be them.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that Michelle's always been around there. I mean, she hasn't been in the bottom 3, and who knows, maybe she gets the most number of cotes or something.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think sam will win.
    i really want suzanne or chris 2win. n e one watch american idol 2?well chris reminds me alotta clay.they got the same style of voice n img. i agree suzanne was great wen she sang '' dowanna talk abt it' but since then she's been really disappointing, that said i vote for her every week cos i think she's great! her voice is original and she sticks out amongst all the other semi naked popstars out there.
    i was really gutted wen andy went out tho-i was so shocked! as 4 roxanne , im glad she's left- i neva really liked her at all. i heard she's a;ready been offered a contract tho.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.