Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything that I can do to make my hair grow faster? Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Any products or routines for example?

I have about 2 months to grow my hair by about 3 inches, which doesn't sound like a lot, but my hair grows incredibly slowly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicious Fishes)
    Any products or routines for example?

I have about 2 months to grow my hair by about 3 inches, which doesn't sound like a lot, but my hair grows incredibly slowly.
    You need to treat your hair to a good healthy routine.

Brush carefully, wash, condition and rinse well. etc

Average hair growth is half an inch a month - I doubt you're going to be able to do it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Miracle grow?

However on a serious not all you can really do is follow Key's tips, you can't really increase it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :emo:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Massage your scalp to increase blood flow. It could be if your shampooing your hair in the shower or whatever :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :emo:

Thanks.
    Sorry, man. :hugs:

Trims usually help, in order to keep your hair healthy. But tbh 3 inches in 2 months is a little bit of an overestimate. Hair just doesn't grow that fast unfortuanatly

ReputationRep:
    Regular trims to get rid of split ends and a healthy treatment regime will help.

ReputationRep:
    Don't condition, it's very bad for your hair! Treat your hair with a hair mask whenever you wash it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've heard that the regular trims technique is very useful... but it seems odd to me. I know the science behind it, but cutting hair to make it longer is logically absurd, and I'm afraid to try it.

ReputationRep:
    Hair is just unused, "dead", protein isnt it? Might be worth increasing how much your eating by a little bit...

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that the regular trims technique is very useful... but it seems odd to me. I know the science behind it, but cutting hair to make it longer is logically absurd, and I'm afraid to try it.
    And you're right to be afraid. Cutting your hair will make it shorter, not make it grow faster. That's an old wive's tale.

There is NOTHING in this world that will alter a person's hair growth rate.

I preseume you had a bad haircut, right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :coma:

(Original post by MazalTov89)
    I preseume you had a bad haircut, right?
    No, not really. It's just at that annoying stage where it's too long to style (without the grease effect), but not long enough to straighten/comb.

[MOD POST EDITED]

ReputationRep:
    I always find that my hair and nails grow much faster when I've been out in the sun or on holiday. It must be to do with the vitamin D or something.

ReputationRep:
    trim all the ends every 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Don't condition, it's very bad for your hair! Treat your hair with a hair mask whenever you wash it.
    why is conditioning bad for your hair..?

ReputationRep:
    apparently hair oil makes it grow quicker...you leave it in for a few hours and then wash it out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    why is conditioning bad for your hair..?
    I don't know why, i just know that it is...look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    I don't know why, i just know that it is...look it up.
    it's kind of a silly thing to say if you don't actually know why..!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.