Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything that I can do to make my hair grow faster? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    it's kind of a silly thing to say if you don't actually know why..!
    Conditioner must not be applied to the scalp as it can make the scalp sticky and lead to a build-up of residue and dandruff. Good luck keeping it away from your scalp!

Satisfied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Conditioner must not be applied to the scalp as it can make the scalp sticky and lead to a build-up of residue and dandruff. Good luck keeping it away from your scalp!

Satisfied?
    Yes and this is why it is advised you only conditon the ends of your hair! Obviously it depends on the length of your hair, but generally keeping the conditioner away from your scalp isn't hard at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    Yes and this is why it is advised you only conditon the ends of your hair! Obviously it depends on the length of your hair, but generally keeping the conditioner away from your scalp isn't hard at all.
    Hes a guy, and wants to grow his hair, so im assuming his hair is pretty short. i think it would be very hard to keep the conditioner away from your scalp?

ReputationRep:
    Hes a guy, and wants to grow his hair, so im assuming his hair is pretty short. i think it would be very hard to keep the conditioner away from your scalp?
    True. I don't know a lot about how boys condition their hair haha, but my boyfriend never seems to have too much of a problem, maybe the secret is using a light conditioner- nothing too heavy.
    As for anything to make hair grow faster- I wish there was something. I've been trying to grow mine for ages, but I think patience is the only answer. People's hair does grow at different rates though, my friend had the same length hair as me a couple of years ago and now hers is ridiculously long and mine is still, well, meh haha.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There is a shampoo/soap thing you can get from Lush which is supposed to make hair grow faster.

ReputationRep:

Satisfied?
    very satisfied...good job i never apply to my scalp..!cheers for the tip though..

ReputationRep:

Satisfied?
    Lmao. That's truly an amazing answer.

The real answer however, is that conditioner should be applied to ends of the hair only, because the stimulation of the scalp and the addition of a conditioner together cause more sebum to be produced, making the hair greasy (produce more sebum) in the long term.

Shampoos from Lush won't work, trimming your hair every 2 weeks won't work, nor will rubbing oil into anywhere.

I'll say it again, you can't make hair grow faster!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. But I'll tell you this, you look like Jimmy Fallon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicious Fishes)
    I've heard that the regular trims technique is very useful... but it seems odd to me. I know the science behind it, but cutting hair to make it longer is logically absurd, and I'm afraid to try it.
    the only logic behing regular trims to aid in hair growth (that i can see) is that your chopping off the little split ends before they travel up the hair and break off further up...... for example..... when you look at a single split end, you can pull it apart (almost making 2 strands of hair) and then it will eventually break off, so cutting the beginning of a split end will stop it travelling up the hair......... so it doesnt actually make it grow faster, just protects it from breaking. (i tend to have mine trimmend every 8 weeks)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by enigma373)
    I have no idea. But I'll tell you this, you look like Jimmy Fallon.
    After finding out who Jimmy Fallon is I can't decide whether I should take that as a compliment or not. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have some of mine.. I only got it cut the other weekend (fringe was down to my chin) and it's already back down to my nose. I got it cut up to mid eye level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    True. I don't know a lot about how boys condition their hair haha, but my boyfriend never seems to have too much of a problem, maybe the secret is using a light conditioner- nothing too heavy.
    As for anything to make hair grow faster- I wish there was something. I've been trying to grow mine for ages, but I think patience is the only answer. People's hair does grow at different rates though, my friend had the same length hair as me a couple of years ago and now hers is ridiculously long and mine is still, well, meh haha.
    My brother seems to use the whole friggin bottle on his hair -_-
    Hahaha mine grows too fast! i have to get it cut every month if i want to keep the same style!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Lmao. That's truly an amazing answer.

The real answer however, is that conditioner should be applied to ends of the hair only, because the stimulation of the scalp and the addition of a conditioner together cause more sebum to be produced, making the hair greasy (produce more sebum) in the long term.

Shampoos from Lush won't work, trimming your hair every 2 weeks won't work, nor will rubbing oil into anywhere.

I'll say it again, you can't make hair grow faster!!!!
    Hahaha, no you can't make your hair grow faster, but having an unhealthy scalp can reduce you're hair growth so ergo by having a healthy scalp you have maximum hair growth!

LOL! True honest words!

ReputationRep:
    Hair oil might help?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.