Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stunning White 'Hollywood' Teeth Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I used to have extremely rank teeth! I had to have a brace for 3 years to get them into place and floss everyday. About 6 Months ago I started whitening my teeth, everyday for 3 hours without fail. I had a massive complex about it! Now they are, obviously, paper white. However, Is it good to have this white teeth? Yesterday I asked out a girl who 'used' to like me but rejected me because I'm too 'plastic' with my gelled hair, eye-liner and white teeth :redface:. I really liked this girl and am just kicking myself that I spent all that effort whitening them to be rejected.

Is it attractive to have unrealistaly white teeth?, or as above do i just look like another wannabe disney channel clone that are so loathed these days?

Basically, Im just wondering if its better to keep them really white or let them fade back to a more natural colour?

And yes, I know im very metro with my appearance and get enough teasing from my friends thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried about the fact that you're wearing make up.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe the eye-liner done it.

ReputationRep:
    Your smile seems as fake as you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    I think maybe the eye-liner done it.
    Only wear on nights out *shrug*. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Your wearing make-up :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Your smile seems as fake as you are
    ...Thanks Love. Helpful.

Shh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, your problem isn't just the teeth.

But personally, when it comes to teeth I think those Hollywood-white ones are horrible. Even on adverts showing 'before-and-after' effects of whitening, the after version with white teeth always has horrible, dried out, unhealthy gums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silliva)
    Only wear on nights out *shrug*. Maybe.
    Honestly - you need to look like you don't try too hard, that it all naturally falls in to place. Even if you do try hard to look good. Don't show that you do.

ReputationRep:
    There is such a thing as putting too much effort into your appearance

ReputationRep:
    MJ reincarnated? Ever thought about having a nose job? Only kidding... I'm sort of sick of my naturally coloured teeth but cba to whiten them....but the eye-liner? Why? Only Brandon Flowers, MJ and emos wear it.

ReputationRep:
    ...Thanks Love. Helpful.

Shh.
    Haha, shame your charisma isn't as well made up as your face.

ReputationRep:
    Eye liner?
    Definite nono.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more likely to be the gelled hair (so many guys overdo this) and eyeliner (ick). White teeth are good.

ReputationRep:
    I am confused...are you a boy or a girl?

What did you use to whiten them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    I am confused...are you a boy or a girl?
    Boy, and no Im not gay or emo.

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I used to have extremely rank teeth! I had to have a brace for 3 years to get them into place and floss everyday. About 6 Months ago I started whitening my teeth, everyday for 3 hours without fail. I had a massive complex about it! Now they are, obviously, paper white. However, Is it good to have this white teeth? Yesterday I asked out a girl who 'used' to like me but rejected me because I'm too 'plastic' with my gelled hair, eye-liner and white teeth :redface:. I really liked this girl and am just kicking myself that I spent all that effort whitening them to be rejected.

Is it attractive to have unrealistaly white teeth?, or as above do i just look like another wannabe disney channel clone that are so loathed these days?

Basically, Im just wondering if its better to keep them really white or let them fade back to a more natural colour?

And yes, I know im very metro with my appearance and get enough teasing from my friends thank you very much!
    Well, I have learned quite some things about girls and their tastes in men over the yrs. first off!!! everybody loves white teeth like that of Eva Longoria Parker or any other Hollywood star for that matter; yellow teeth are a big turn off for everyone. I think tht ur problems have more to do with ur overall looks and not just ur teeth per se. I have never seen a girl who wanted to date a guy with make-up.... Most grils like their boys to act like men. Despite wht the media lead you into believing, metrosexual get-up is a big NO NO unless, offcourse, u want to shag a guy. In tht case, u must be quite a popular twink next door.
    bonne chance!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What did you use to whiten them?
    Thing called Dr. Georges. Bluody strong stuff. 3hrs a day for 3 weeks takes thems to a nice level...i went a bit O.T.T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un_gars_romatinque)
    Well, I have learned quite some things about girls and their tastes in men over the yrs. first off!!! everybody loves white teeth like that of Eva Longoria Parker or any other Hollywood star for that matter; yellow teeth are a big turn off for everyone. I think tht ur problems have more to do with ur overall looks and not just ur teeth per se. I have never seen a girl who wanted to date a guy with make-up.... Most grils like their boys to act like men. Despite wht the media lead you into believing, metrosexual get-up is a big NO NO unless, offcourse, u want to shag a guy. In tht case, u must be quite a popular twink next door.
    bonne chance!!
    I'm almost 18. Im pretty popular with girls of 14-16 for I suppose my 'Disney-Boy-Group-Band' look. However, recently I've noted girls around my age are going for older guys of 20/21 and just see me as a 'pretty-boy' but not a real partner as Im not 'manly' enough.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.