Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just had my hair cut into a bob, and im not very good with a hair dryer but can use straighteners, up until now my hair has been fine with out them, but no i actually need to style my hair. So does anyone have any suggestions of straighteners for a reasonable price? preferably under £30

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    surely they can't be all that different? I have some Tresemme ones, they work fine..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    surely they can't be all that different? I have some Tresemme ones, they work fine..:confused:
    well thats what I thought, but i've had several pairs in the past to try and some tugged on my hair. so hmm... but tressemme, will look into that

ReputationRep:
    Nicky Clarke, they're like £15-£25 in Superdrug.

ReputationRep:
    well my old straighteners worked when i did it but my hair went curly after like an hour, so i got ghd's, i would never go back to cheaper ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyFran)
    well thats what I thought, but i've had several pairs in the past to try and some tugged on my hair. so hmm... but tressemme, will look into that
    hmm looking at online reviews a few people don't like tresemme ones, they all seem to like GHD's better but...there a bit pricey..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    hmm looking at online reviews a few people don't like tresemme ones, they all seem to like GHD's better but...there a bit pricey..
    hmm yeah, cos see I don't want to spend too much cos i dont get much income.

I've seen some Babyliss ones? what are the opinion on them?

ReputationRep:
    GHD's are alot of money and i hated parting with 100 quid when i first got mine but honestly they are the best you can get and after having cheaper ones i could really tell the difference. They last ages too and turn themselfs off if you leave them on and go out ect. You wouldnt believe how good they really are unless you try them. I wouldnt use any other now. At Christmas you can usually trade your old ones in for £20 off too

ReputationRep:
    Babyliss pro 230. They're virtually the same as GHDs but cheaper and probably better, GHDs always seem to break.
    These are excellent though they have they same type of plates and stuff. Yep, only straighteners that actually straighten my hair and keep it like that throughout the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenVaseline)
    Nicky Clarke, they're like £15-£25 in Superdrug.
    These--very good and they don't tug your hair!

ReputationRep:
    Before I was given some GHDs, I had some vidal sassoon straighteners which were really really good. I think they were £20 in Superdrug. That was a year ago though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I really couldn't reccommend anything other than GHDs, they're pricey but are so worth saving up for. I spent more money on numerous cheaper versions than I did on the GHDs
    The best ones out of the cheaper ones I've had though, would be the tresseme ones. They half-straightened my hair but it was wavy after an hour. However my hair's really thick and wavy, if your's is thinner then they would be fine

ReputationRep:
    I have Carmen Hair Straight and Hydrate Ionic 230 Straighteners
    They are brilliant for my hair
    You can get them in argos for £19.59
    And they have like ions coming out of them so you're hair doesn't go static-y - which was a big problem for me before I go these and now my hair hardly ever gets static!

My hair is long, thick and wavy and they get them really straight.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.