Turn on thread page Beta

Weird mark on hamsters skin watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I was just randomly looking through my hamsters fur and I noticed this weird thing on her actual skin. :s:
    It's like a small grey area with a few small black/grey dots which kinda remind me of skin pores :lolwut: on it and a small amount off fur in this area well it looks kind of greasy at the bottom, and looks like its growing quite close to each other. :s: This thing isn't dry or whatever and this isn't anything else that I could see.
    I was just wondering if anyone has come across anything like that before... I'm not sure if she's just caught herself whilst cleaning or whatever or it's a bit of dead skin.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Could the hamster have fleas? Or like you say, it could be dry or extra itchy skin? Maybe you could take it to a vet if it doesnt clear up in about a week or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enchanté)
    Yesterday I was just randomly looking through my hamsters fur and I noticed this weird thing on her actual skin. :s:
    It's like a small grey area with a few small black/grey dots which kinda remind me of skin pores :lolwut: on it and a small amount off fur in this area well it looks kind of greasy at the bottom, and looks like its growing quite close to each other. :s: This thing isn't dry or whatever and this isn't anything else that I could see.
    I was just wondering if anyone has come across anything like that before... I'm not sure if she's just caught herself whilst cleaning or whatever or it's a bit of dead skin.

Where abouts is this mark? It could just be one of her scent glands, read this article and see if this sounds like what you are describing:

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.co...nt-glands.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a hamster and when you moved her fur there were markings. It could just be a natural marking. It could also be a cut maybe?

I would just keep checking it for about a week so and if it doesn't get any worse, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Does the hamster live by itself?

ReputationRep:
    It's like on her back. I'll just keep checking it the next few days I don't really think it;s anything amazing to be honest just wanted to make sure. Yep she does live on her own.

ReputationRep:
    Could be hip spots(scent glands on the hips, or on the tummy of dwarf breeds) Does it look like the picture on this website? - http://hamster.etla.org/web/FAQ.html

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.