Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Adonis Challenge | Finals. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Because you now say so?

Mate, you put the entire bar down, that can't count surely. Rest is one thing, putting down is another. And am I the only one that doesn't count their first rep either (i.e. getting the bar up)?
    I never said you couldn't unrack the weight, long as you don't wait more than 10s before you go again, which is what rest pausing it, you don't always need to just hold onto it at the top

go back to the first post I said...

For All

One continuous set for everything, but I’ll allow rest pausing up to 10 seconds between reps [ideally no more than 5s]
    & why wouldn't the first rep count? it's the hardest because you are moving it from a standstill [esp how I did it]

you got it up there in the first place, same with DB's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    I never said you couldn't unrack the weight, long as you don't wait more than 10s before you go again, which is what rest pausing it, you don't always need to just hold onto it at the top

go back to the first post I said...

& why wouldn't the first rep count? it's the hardest because you are moving it from a standstill [esp how I did it]

you got it up there in the first place, same with DB's
    I'm just saying, I never count it, I didn't think anyone did on DB bench (or in your case BB without a bench), although my mates probably aren't the best people to be basing that on.

I didn't think rest pausing was the same as unracking. Seems like cheating a bit to me.

ReputationRep:
    rest pausing, generally youll put the bar / dumbell or whatever down, have a few seconds break, some deep breathes, then give it another crack.

ReputationRep:
    I counted 12seconds rest from 1:08 when the bar stopped moving to 1:20 when it started moving again. Therefore you are disqualified. Good bye.

ReputationRep:
    So, for pullups we can drop off the bar for 10 seconds then go again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I counted 12seconds rest from 1:08 when the bar stopped moving to 1:20 when it started moving again. Therefore you are disqualified. Good bye.
    Yeah, this.

ReputationRep:
    few deep breathes then go again, but you wont get many more reps out trust me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I'm just saying, I never count it, I didn't think anyone did on DB bench (or in your case BB without a bench), although my mates probably aren't the best people to be basing that on.

I didn't think rest pausing was the same as unracking. Seems like cheating a bit to me.
    most people count it, [if they get it up themselves] on DB's and the like.

cos when it gets to your 8RM or whatever on DB's it's a ******* pain just getting it up in the first place.

& rest pausing generally is just pausing at the top

what I did, was more of a "cluster" where I unracked the weight, but it wasn't a proper cluster either

so a mixture of the two

I wouldn't call it cheating, just a different way of training/different method of set extension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    lol, guess I counted 10s in my head wrong, count to 5-7s next time so I have time to move it

well I did post a video so I knew it'd be open to scrutiny

ok, i'll re-do again next weekend before I gear up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    most people count it, [if they get it up themselves] on DB's and the like.

cos when it gets to your 8RM or whatever on DB's it's a ******* pain just getting it up in the first place.

& rest pausing generally is just pausing at the top

DC training, which is all about rest pausing, say to rack the weight then go again (on most exercises) Pausing at the top is more just, pausing at the top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    So, for pullups we can drop off the bar for 10 seconds then go again?
    yeh go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I recon change the pull ups, you say bw, but in reality you don't lift your arms.
    So I propose doing it my way, bw+10% in back pack, with chin over bar as well, shold make it less aerobic/stamina based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DKer)
    I recon change the pull ups, you say bw, but in reality you don't lift your arms.
    So I propose doing it my way, bw+10% in back pack, with chin over bar as well, shold make it less aerobic/stamina based.
    most people here can't add weight to their pull ups

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.