Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to do a speech and need some info and tips on what i need to include.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you're head boy and you can't spell speech :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    I was going to write that.

Whey.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If your school's anything like mine was, no matter how many votes the students get, the teachers (or one teacher) will end up deciding anyway, so it makes little difference :p: You could do a generic speech where you say why you're such a nice person and what you'll do to improve your sixth form/college/school/whatever; or you could go crazy and go for the entertainment factor.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God run your jokes past some people first.

Our head boy's speech was just painful, mostly due to there being far too many jokes based around one single point. Which weren't even that good.

ReputationRep:
    what's the speach got to be about?

ReputationRep:
    Okay
    first of all introduce yourself and what you are running for, as obvious as it may be
    then say what you think the school needs
    then how you will accomplish that
    then say what qualities and experiecne you have to prove you are a 'leader'.
    And lastly say a small thank you for people listening to your speech.

fit a little joke in somewhere if you can like
    'I'm not Barak Obama or Nelson Mandela, but I believe I will make a good leader'.

ReputationRep:
    seriously, don't do any jokes - they never, ever go down well. My first Head Prefect speech was baaaaadddddd! :o:

Stick to the boring, old route because chances are no one is really listening to what your saying anyway. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    this

ReputationRep:
    I think he might be referring to an end of year speech?

ReputationRep:
    no head boy speach, people know im running for head.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was head girl in my school, and when i did my speech, i found that the other people doing speeches, when they included jokes, it depended on their personality as to whether they worked or not. The people who are funny naturally pulled them off easily, and the people who were normally serious and maybe a little geeky didnt manage to pull them off at all, so it all depends on what kind of person you are. However if you want to make a good speech, its best to keep it light hearted. My friend decided to quote Martin Luther King, and another tried to do with with no notes what so ever. Both of these failed dismally. When i did mine, I didnt make specific jokes, but I maybe took the mick out of myself slightly, like i mentioned "back in the day" when i collected stamps and what a geek i used to be, and how my job at the time was shovelling dog **** at a kennels. Its that kind of joke you can get away with. Dont sound too big headed and list all your A's and A*'s as no one wants to hear about that. Bring up some good ideas that might improve the school that are realistic, but remember who your audience are, they dont want to be hearing about improving the PTA. Hope this helps, and good luch

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: You got there before me:p:

ReputationRep:
    just say some crap about your school has given you so much over the time u been there and u want to be able to give somethin back to the school and its community, blah blah etc etc.
    Or do it the ali G way ' vote for me coz i know what u lezzies want'

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.