Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just woke up and fancy an english breakfast. Now, I know how to make everything else but the tomato's! lol!

How do I cook the tomato's, I know you have to halve it but what do I do next?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    If you mean fried tomatoes, just halve them, chuck them in a pan or on a griddle for say 4 mins, turn them over if you want, serve with a sprinking of pepper and :coma: away =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    If you mean fried tomatoes, just halve them, chuck them in a pan or on a griddle for say 4 mins, turn them over if you want, serve with a sprinking of pepper and :coma: away =)
    +Rep, god bless.

ReputationRep:
    I would half them and grill, (skin side up). That way you don't get a greasy combination of tomato juice AND cooking oil. I'd lay out some foil across the oven/grill shelf and do it on there, saves losing juice. Could season them before cooking too, salt is great on tomatoes and I love pepper, first replier suggested Could season with something else if you're feeling fancy :p:

ReputationRep:
    tomato..yum yum

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh... a full English just isn't full without some tomatoes, haha! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I add a really small amount of garlic puree when I make mine. Hot damn, they're good! :jiggy: :drool:

ReputationRep:
    How long should I grill for? and what strength?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-lover)
    How long should I grill for? and what strength?

It's touch and go. I always put it on medium heat (3/4) in the pan, and just watch it.

Just fry until they look good, there's limited point in being really specific here (imo).

ReputationRep:
    If they're decent sized tomatoes, I'd actually cut the tops off like you would a pumpkin. I know that scooping out the pulp is a terrible waste of goodness, but I'd hollow them out and fill them in with a nice cheese. Tops back on, oven for 10 minutes or so, perfect.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.