Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Just applied for Customer Sales advisor for British gas call centre, just wondered is it difficult to land the job? I managed to do the verbal and numeracy tests fairly well, and hopefully completed the rest at a high standard (Why you want to work etc? ) ..... Hopefully this will get be a job, been searching for so long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    Hi there,

Just applied for Customer Sales advisor for British gas call centre, just wondered is it difficult to land the job? I managed to do the verbal and numeracy tests fairly well, and hopefully completed the rest at a high standard (Why you want to work etc? ) ..... Hopefully this will get be a job, been searching for so long!
    Hi I work for a rival to British Gas in a call centre so any questions give me a shout. And when you get the job I'll have many questions :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Mate they will call you and arrange a 20-25 minute interview. You will be given details about the company and what is expected from you for the job. The person taking the interview will read a passage out to you and you will have to read that passage back to the person taking the interview.

The best option for you is to write it all in shorthand and read it back to him. Don't worry about it. Finally they will ask you the last two questions you answred in the online application form about 'Why you want to work for British Gas' and 'What skills can you bring to British Gas'. That should be the interview. Remeber to speak clearly and don't rush.

They will keep you on hold for about 5 minutes and tell you wether you were successful and your phone interview or not. They will invite you to the face to face interview which will be around 4 hours or so. You will be assesed by two of there employees who will asses your face to face interview. The face to face interview will consist of job interview questions and it will also consist of a role play. The interviewer will act like a angry customer and you would have to handly the situation in the role play.

That's about it

ReputationRep:
    got my telephone interview on this coming tuesday..

But am puzzled by the role play thing.

ReputationRep:
    hello\,ow did it go?i av an interview for next week,pls do u av any update.thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.