Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had this experience? I applied EARLY back in March/April time as a part time student to go onto their BA International Relations and Arabic course, entering directly onto the second year. Even though I have been in constant contact with the University admission department and have attended their open day - they still managed to forget about me. I emailed them several times and usually get a response from them (about a week later!) asking me for further info, which is surprisingly the same info that they have on my application form! I thought they just wanted to buy some more time and I was telling myself that this is a busy time of year and that they will not forget me and I will hear from them soon...

I emailed them about three days ago chasing up (again!) and they responded saying that they cannot "find" the extra info that they requested from me! I have provided them with the extra info the very same day they requested it! So I have forwarded the orginal emails to them with the required info and now I cannot do anything till Monday. I got a message from the admission officer with the subject of the email saying "Recall: REF my application number". When I opened the email, I just got a message saying "The admissions officer has requested to recall". What does this mean?

I just checked their website and I saw on there that staff finish for the summer 17th July! Now I am officially freaking out! Help! What do I do? I am so so so upset...

I guess us part timers are not as important as UCASers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what that means, I'm afraid.

I always find it's best to phone rather than e-mail - you get an immediate response and things are explained quicker. There should still be someone at the institution you can speak to even though the lecturing staff are off. I had a lot of problems with my application and worried they would get annoyed at my being persistent and making quite a few calls, but it just shows you really want to be there.

And it's "forgotten" with an e - just a heads-up. (: Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I'm not sure what that means, I'm afraid.

I always find it's best to phone rather than e-mail - you get an immediate response and things are explained quicker. There should still be someone at the institution you can speak to even though the lecturing staff are off. I had a lot of problems with my application and worried they would get annoyed at my being persistent and making quite a few calls, but it just shows you really want to be there.

And it's "forgotten" with an e - just a heads-up. (: Good luck.
    Thanks for pointing out my typo! I have called them a few times and they keep telling me "the best way to get in touch with the person is to email them"....everyone seems to pass the buck onto the world wide web! This is really annoying! If you want to enquire, they tell you to refer to the website and when you want to call to speak with them, they tell you to email them instead! Email is a good way for people to avoid doing stuff and not deal with things straightaway and is a good way of putting off answering or doing things. I am hoping that the admissions person hasn't also gone off on holiday, leaving my application in limbo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neelam1982)
    Thanks for pointing out my typo! I have called them a few times and they keep telling me "the best way to get in touch with the person is to email them"....everyone seems to pass the buck onto the world wide web! This is really annoying! If you want to enquire, they tell you to refer to the website and when you want to call to speak with them, they tell you to email them instead! Email is a good way for people to avoid doing stuff and not deal with things straightaway and is a good way of putting off answering or doing things. I am hoping that the admissions person hasn't also gone off on holiday, leaving my application in limbo!
    I do, too. They sound horrendously disorganised. Keep pestering them!

ReputationRep:
    Well! Some more info on this problem, just in case anyone else is going through this with Westminster. I emailed them and called them only to be told that the person dealing with this is on leave (of course!) and that she will be in the next day. I called the next day and I told her my concern that this is taken a while etc etc and she said not to worry and this is normal. Then This morning I got an email from her telling me that they want to invite me for an interview before they can make a decision on my application. They told me to arrange the interview myself by contacting the interviewer (lecturer in the department) via telephone or email! The email then went onto say that the person who will be interviewing me will not be around until after 14th August! How very organized indeed!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.