Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Lmao, no offence, but you just described the exact traits I HATE in a man. Someone bordering on cocky who acts like he's "it" is not a way to turn girl's with a little bit about them, on. Yeah, you might get a few drunk ****s.

OP, just be yourself, I always like a guy who's relaxed, funny and willing to poke fun at himself. That's what makes an endearing personality, IMO.
    im just describing a guy who doesn't get walked over, but i forgot to add sense of humour
    so sense of humour+confidence+wit is enough. at least agree with that?

ReputationRep:
    Ugly people go with ugly people, beautiful people go with beautiful people, and everything in between. Largely the way it works but obviously when you start bringing in things like power and money looks can often be discarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    im just describing a guy who doesn't get walked over, but i forgot to add sense of humour
    so sense of humour+confidence+wit is enough. at least agree with that?
    Yeah, an average amount of confidence though I would say, just personally I, and all the girls I know, hate guys that act slightly cocky, that walk up to you thinking they already know what "type" of person you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john14)
    So do people not value looks to be that important then? As personally I wouldn't probably go out with an ugly girl as horrible as that sounds, physical attraction is a big part of 'getting with' a girl (before going out) as its not really based as much on each others personalities than the original attraction, for me anyway. It's when I start really liking/loving the girl when I really don't care as they as a girl makes me love them, not their looks. But generally for me, my mates etc..., the getting with stage is always there, therefore I don't have the oppurtunity to know the girl as a person, then start to like her etc..., as I just wouldn't want to be getting with her. Obviously if its a girl mate that may be completely different as I know them, but I really don't like getting anywhere near involved with girl - mates.
    for guys, looks is important like 50/60 out of 100 important
    for girls about 20-30% important, if that
    as much as you'd like to think, girls don't care too much.
    it just happens to be the case that good looking guys tend to be more confident, but a confident average looking guys can get as much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Yeah, an average amount of confidence though I would say, just personally I, and all the girls I know, hate guys that act slightly cocky, that walk up to you thinking they already know what "type" of person you are.
    not even playfully cocky would do for you?
    as in jokes about cocky, not like serious cocky

ReputationRep:
    No truth at all. I have had some major crushes (sorry for the American term) on guys that were, by normal standards, 'ugly', and I have been around incredibly good-looking guys that haven't affected me in the slightest. I generally find that I'm attracted by intelligence, modesty and wit, but that's just me.

And, I throw my tits at no-one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    not even playfully cocky would do for you?
    as in jokes about cocky, not like serious cocky
    Not really tbh lol, turns me off. Especially if you just met the guy.

ReputationRep:
    money > all

ReputationRep:
    ive seen LOADS more ugly/average guys with stunning girls than ugly girls with good looking guys

ReputationRep:
    How did the OP go from anon (as quoted in post 4) to being named?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temptationsu)
    If your a good looking guy girls will throw their tits at them, but if your an incredibly ugly dude then your confined to your right hand unless one is rich.

Is there much truth in this?
    Not much truth. Many people are shallow but not everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    Ugly people go with ugly people, beautiful people go with beautiful people, and everything in between. Largely the way it works but obviously when you start bringing in things like power and money looks can often be discarded.
    Power? Yeah, because all the girls love Gordon Brown... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    How does one 'throw' one's tits? o.O
    You take your tits off and throw 'em onto the guy's face, like a snowball I guess. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    God its horrible walking into a club on the weekend and ripping my boobs off and throwing them at good looking men...it becomes tiresome.
    They hurt as well you know....

ugly girls go for ugly boys so its not all bad for you op.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    They hurt as well you know....
    Agh, if only you weren't so good looking, you'd avoid the boob throws! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Girls: how good-looking would I have to be before you literally threw your tits at me? Out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Ugly men are a no-no :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Girls: how good-looking would I have to be before you literally threw your tits at me? Out of interest?
    You're already there

...I just threw up :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Looks may affect people's first impressions of others, but if you talk to girls and let your personality come over that's going to be far more influential in their opinion of you. Just try and be more confident in yourself and it will help attract girls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.