Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Ugly men are a no-no :no:
    You'd better get used to them then seeing as you're not exactly gorgeous...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    Agh, if only you weren't so good looking, you'd avoid the boob throws! :rolleyes:
    I know right? It's a curse I tell you....

ReputationRep:
    To say looks don't factor in is plain stupid, but they're not everything. So I'd have to say nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    for guys, looks is important like 50/60 out of 100 important
    for girls about 20-30% important, if that
    as much as you'd like to think, girls don't care too much.
    it just happens to be the case that good looking guys tend to be more confident, but a confident average looking guys can get as much

girls do care about looks. you have been reading too much pick up material if you think any guy no matter what he looks like can walk upto a random hot girl and if he spits a few routines just right if she's single she'll be putty in his hands, for every guy who manages to do this (and isn't good looking) they'll be a hell of alot more that despite thier best efforts can't.

yeah it is totally possible they'll get an attractive girl eventually, but that is mainly due to them playing the numbers game not girls not caring about thier appearance.

there are some people who are perhaps average and have no problem attracting all the women they desire. these guys usually have somewhat of a natrual charisma about them ...and that unlike confidence can't really be learn't.

stuff like confidence, being independant, ...etc does play a part (and can compensate a little) but don't think they don't care about looks.

ReputationRep:
    naa i think its all mostly down to personality tbh, a dude that can make a girl laugh is a god amongst men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    How does one 'throw' one's tits? o.O
    I think he means something like "thrusting", pushing them into your personal space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    girls do care about looks. you have been reading too much pick up material if you think any guy no matter what he looks like can walk upto a random hot girl and if he spits a few routines just right if she's single she'll be putty in his hands, for every guy who manages to do this (and isn't good looking) they'll be a hell of alot more that despite thier best efforts can't.

yeah it is totally possible they'll get an attractive girl eventually, but that is mainly due to them playing the numbers game not girls not caring about thier appearance.

there are some people who are perhaps average and have no problem attracting all the women they desire. these guys usually have somewhat of a natrual charisma about them ...and that unlike confidence can't really be learn't.

stuff like confidence, being independant, ...etc does play a part (and can compensate a little) but don't think they don't care about looks.
    i just said they dont care as much, not that they dont care at all. of course if you are hideously ugly then you won't get much.
    look right, its not even pick up .
    most girls in their 20's are not bothered by looks THAT much, my brother is in his 20's and he tells me this, although i have read pua stuff, not too much into it. If you dress yourself well, it does improve your attractiveness, of course no girl will go out with a broke guy.
    if you're not the best looking and lack confidence, you will find excuses to why women won't like you.
    if you believe you don't deserve a woman, then you don't deserve her.
    just go for what you want, i don't beleive in leagues, not because of pick up, just because its just self-limiting and creates excuses not to approach certain girls.
    but if you want to limit the girls you can get, by all means keep telling yourself that girls are out of your league
    believing is one step closer to succeeding

ReputationRep:
    It's never quite as simple as people make out. Obviously there's a component of physical attractiveness at play. Equally there's a level to which personality decides things. Likewise social status, wealth, assertiveness, etc. It's not a matter of "so-and-so's handsome and has girls throwing themselves at him" or "x is ugly and never gets laid". Both of these can be self-fulfilling prophesies. The statements in each might be true, but no necessary causation exists.

As for the 'oh, be cocky and a bad boy' crowd, I'm a firm believer that one can be both nice and not a walkover, kind and yet assertive, and sensitive and yet emotionally resilient. Just because you're 'nice' doesn't mean you wear pink, act gay, and suck up to girls, as some guys seem to believe.

- Hope that makes some sense :cool:!

- D

ReputationRep:
    Depends what the girl looks like..

Some girls are so gross they will get with anyone tbh. Normally they are just desperate and not attractive.

Go for a desperate mug, could even offer payment?

ReputationRep:
    OP makes it sound like there's no unattractive women!

Ugly guys get ugly girls. But ugly couples should be banned from pro-creating.

ReputationRep:
    I think guys are way too hard on themselves. I would choose personality over looks any day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    i just said they dont care as much, not that they dont care at all. of course if you are hideously ugly then you won't get much.
    look right, its not even pick up .
    most girls in their 20's are not bothered by looks THAT much, my brother is in his 20's and he tells me this, although i have read pua stuff, not too much into it. If you dress yourself well, it does improve your attractiveness, of course no girl will go out with a broke guy.
    if you're not the best looking and lack confidence, you will find excuses to why women won't like you.
    if you believe you don't deserve a woman, then you don't deserve her.
    just go for what you want, i don't beleive in leagues, not because of pick up, just because its just self-limiting and creates excuses not to approach certain girls.
    but if you want to limit the girls you can get, by all means keep telling yourself that girls are out of your league
    believing is one step closer to succeeding

personally i don't tend to say to myself "she's out of my leauge" when thinking about approaching a girl. many years ago when i was fat perhaps ..but not any more as i scrub up much more decently now without the fat and do actually get attention sometimes without not doing anything, ..unfortunately it's usually jailbait tho.

It's good to have a positive attitutude when approaching women, and the stuff you are saying is basically the stuff the pua's call inner game. but one must also take a good honest look in the mirror and not delude himself into thinking having confidence and a good personality will make him into some kind of casanova if he is not all that to look at.

i recently read a post by some guy from the pua community and he was average looking but had become very bitter and angry because despite having a good personality, having a nice body, good haircut, nice clothes ..mastering all the routines etc it was still taking him 20 - 30 approaches (and rejections, often painful) before he got anywhere with good looking girls, and he watched other guys who were good looking putting in much less effort with the girls that rejected him but because they were good looking the girls were much more receptive.

ReputationRep:
    personally i don't tend to say to myself "she's out of my leauge" when thinking about approaching a girl. many years ago when i was fat perhaps ..but not any more as i scrub up much more decently now without the fat and do actually get attention sometimes without not doing anything, ..unfortunately it's usually jailbait tho.

It's good to have a positive attitutude when approaching women, and the stuff you are saying is basically the stuff the pua's call inner game. but one must also take a good honest look in the mirror and not delude himself into thinking having confidence and a good personality will make him into some kind of casanova if he is not all that to look at.

i recently read a post by some guy from the pua community and he was average looking but had become very bitter and angry because despite having a good personality, having a nice body, good haircut, nice clothes ..mastering all the routines etc it was still taking him 20 - 30 approaches (and rejections, often painful) before he got anywhere with good looking girls, and he watched other guys who were good looking putting in much less effort with the girls that rejected him but because they were good looking the girls were much more receptive.
    As arrogant as this sounds I would say I'm quite good looking, from what girls tell me, fitness of my current girlfriend etc... However I do sometimes think that girls are WAY out of my league at times, theres some girls i wouldn't even think of approaching as they're the types in my mind would hold out for someone big time. Although that will be wrong in many cases, its just one of those things which I wont be to easily get over I don't think. However thats not just to do with their looks, its their attitude aswell what makes me think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john14)
    As arrogant as this sounds I would say I'm quite good looking, from what girls tell me, fitness of my current girlfriend etc... However I do sometimes think that girls are WAY out of my league at times, theres some girls i wouldn't even think of approaching as they're the types in my mind would hold out for someone big time. Although that will be wrong in many cases, its just one of those things which I wont be to easily get over I don't think. However thats not just to do with their looks, its their attitude aswell what makes me think that.
    it's thier personality making you think like this. i do it too.

often if i think of approaching a girl i will want to assess her personality first (thats why i do not like approaching a girl by herself because you can't see her talking). i know which personalities i can gel well with and which ones i can't. thier attitude as well weighs into it, i am put off by stuck up girls or girls who think they are all that.

ReputationRep:
    haha you made me lol so much in this thread, I would rep you but it wouldn't do anything!

ReputationRep:

yeah i see what you are saying with the many rejections but even the best pua went through many many rejections
    the thing is once you get that first hot girl's number, you get so much confidence and you then figure out how to get their attention more often and easier
    if your average looking course you need to have more game, but good looks only get you so far
    so it happens to the best of them,
    all the great puas went through many rejections to get to where they were, but once they got their first success things got easier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    I think guys are way too hard on themselves. I would choose personality over looks any day!
    You are made of win.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd ^

But seriously, it doesnt whether you're damned sexy or just plain, girls who are that superficial as to go for looks only, arent worth bothering with because those my friend, are the sluts (generally). I make a point of not sleeping with sluts, and if i get any attention from them, i accept it but quickly brush it off because i know it's leading to a pointless one-night-stand and where's the fun in that? I believe Girls like guys who are genuine, confident with themselves, funny, and not too hard on the eye. Just don't go setting your standards ridiculously high, damn this cosmopolitan age we live in.

Not at all. It's the opposite if anything.

If your a pretty girl, the girls will come onto you. If your ugly, then you won't get much attention.

Girls dont care if the guys good looking and as handsome as Brad Pitt or ugly as a piece of ****. THat's what I've noticed anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temptationsu)
    If your a good looking guy girls will throw their tits at them, but if your an incredibly ugly dude then your confined to your right hand unless one is rich.

Is there much truth in this?
    Not neccessarily...some guys are left-handed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.