Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am 20 and he is 37, is it wrong for me to be very attracted to him?

The fact that you have to ask this for validation from the people of the internet says to me that you have some concerns?
    I had a thing for a 31 year old (I'm 20 too) and although it is only 11 years, I thought about the age difference a lot..especially what my family and some friends would think. But if you like him and he likes you..then numbers shouldn't be an issue right?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of women are attracted to older men - but I do think a relationship would be a bit weird. Do you just mean a crush or are you actually going out with him?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, don't even make it an issue and it won't be a problem. If you like him then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Morally, no. Legally, no. Socially, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Not wrong. May raise some eyebrows, but if the relationship is healthy and you like each other, don't worry about what other people think.

Be cautious, though. An age difference can sometimes mean a power difference, though not necessarily.

ReputationRep:
    No normally, its wrong to want an older man and then post on here asking strangers for confirmation, you wouldnt be posting here if you didnt have a problem yourself with the age difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 20 and he is 37, is it wrong for me to be very attracted to him?
    do what you want to do and as long as it hurts nobody else, don't care what anybody else thinks.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Does he have money?

I looove older men with money. :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.