Turn on thread page Beta

Girlies! What would you wear... watch

ReputationRep:
    For your friends 21st restaurant and skittles party.

Bare in mind:

-she's wearing a strapless fitted dress :eek:
    -it's mostly her family going and you're going with your boyfriend
    -you have just come on your period and are feeling (and probably looking) extremely bloated and lethargic

I was thinking that a dress might be too much for skittles. Trousers might not be dressy enough. My skirts will look awful with the bloatedness (already tried). So perhaps a long top/dress over tights? Will hide full belly after meal but still looks dressy...

Well what kind of thing would you go for? I've got all kinda of clothes just would like some ideas bfore I raid it

ReputationRep:
    yh i like the long top/dress over leggings idea

ReputationRep:
    The long top or dress with leggings sounds like a good bet
    If not, how about nice skinny jeans with a plain top, a blazer jacket, a long necklace and some heels. Smart but comfortable x

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like your friend is wearing a rather "dressy" dress (for want of a better term). If you haven't seen her dress, ask to have a look at it and that way you'll have an idea in mind when you're choosing your own.

However, if you really think it's too much, why not just wear a slightly more casual dress with some nice jewellery?

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear a tunic style top with a pair of leggings! It hides a multitude of sins and means you can feel confident without being conscious of what you're wearing too much

ReputationRep:
    Add a belt to the dress over tights too and wear heels it helps with your posture and pulls the tummy in more

ReputationRep:
    skittles? where i'm from, a "skittles party" is where a crowd of people get together and pop a load of random pills... i assume it's bowling or something?
    i agree with the leggings and belted dress/long top notion if that's the case :yep:

ReputationRep:
    er whats a skittles party?

ReputationRep:
    I know its socially acceptable, but tops over leggings to me just more often than not always look terrible.
    If youre going to do that, go for tights and put some heels on. Much nicer than with leggings in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I would wear skinny jeans (but smartish ones) and a longish top as you say you're feeling bloated. Nice shoes and accessories to glam it up a bit. And spend time on your hair - nice hair makes an outfit, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    It sounds like your friend is wearing a rather "dressy" dress (for want of a better term). If you haven't seen her dress, ask to have a look at it and that way you'll have an idea in mind when you're choosing your own.

However, if you really think it's too much, why not just wear a slightly more casual dress with some nice jewellery?
    It's basically the attached dress. I haven't really got the figure for that, don't really tend to wear that kind of style anyway and wouldn't feel comfortable bowling in it!

Good idea though, I could dress up something I have Thank you!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimzdy)
    er whats a skittles party?
    Hopefully it's something like bowling (I think we're going to a posh place which has a 'skittles alley'), but after what the reply above your says I'm a little worried!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Dress, waist belt, tights, cardigan, cute necklace. That's what I'd wear, but then again that's what I live in practically every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    I know its socially acceptable, but tops over leggings to me just more often than not always look terrible.
    If youre going to do that, go for tights and put some heels on. Much nicer than with leggings in my opinion.
    Oh I see, so put it over flesh coloured tights? That wouldn't be a problem, I have some and it's definitely a long enough top not to look slutty Yeh I think that would look better than leggings to come to think of it! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Dress, waist belt, tights, cardigan, cute necklace. That's what I'd wear, but then again that's what I live in practically every day.
    I have this dress (should be attached?), and although it's short It looks ok with tights (flesh coloured), I'm just a little worried about it being to fitted on the waist seeing as I'm bloated plus eating tonight (I pre ordered salad thank god!) but I have got a chunky brown belt and matching shoes and can wear a nice long necklace.

What do yout think? Just say if you think it's too short for skittles/bowling... just that my friends dress is as short and I don't want to wear anything that doesn't look dressy at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I have this dress (should be attached?), and although it's short It looks ok with tights (flesh coloured), I'm just a little worried about it being to fitted on the waist seeing as I'm bloated plus eating tonight (I pre ordered salad thank god!) but I have got a chunky brown belt and matching shoes and can wear a nice long necklace.

What do yout think? Just say if you think it's too short for skittles/bowling... just that my friends dress is as short and I don't want to wear anything that doesn't look dressy at all
    If that's a length that you feel comfortable with then wear it! It's a gorgeous dress. But if you're not feeling great and won't feel comfortable and confident wearing that, then choose something else.

ReputationRep:
    If that's a length that you feel comfortable with then wear it! It's a gorgeous dress. But if you're not feeling great and won't feel comfortable and confident wearing that, then choose something else.
    Thanks - I quite like it too
    I'll go try it on Maybe my suck-in pants will come in handy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Thanks - I quite like it too
    I'll go try it on Maybe my suck-in pants will come in handy :p:
    Yeah, try it on and see how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, try it on and see how you feel.
    Ugh, didn't like it. I think it's 'cause I don't really have a waist line. I'm currently on a losing weight mission so might try that again when I feel a bit thinner Everything looks better when you're thinner :rolleyes:

(Original post by HRHxo)
    I'd wear a tunic style top with a pair of leggings! It hides a multitude of sins and means you can feel confident without being conscious of what you're wearing too much
    Stealing your idea a bit... What would you (both ) think about the long top I was takling about, pulled in with a belt so it's a bit like a tunic. Then put that with thin cardy and heels. Just tried it and it feels dressy with my legs out, hides sins (score!!) and isn't too fitted so I can still bowl :bigsmile:

Plus a pretty necklace 'cause the neckline is quite a low-v

(I've attached the top - it may not seem like it does but it's sits well when pulled in with belt )
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i love that top!
    yes yes yes sounds like a good idea

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.