Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all, i have to start applying for courses on my ucas now and i really have no idea what i want to do! i've always wanted to do medicine but dont think i can get in uni's with the AAB without resitting and i heard uni's dont really consider resits..
    so i was wondering whether taking the Biomedical science tranfer route is worth a try, does anyone know what the chances are of being transffered on medicine/dentistry from biomedical science? or any alternative routes of gettin into medicine?!

ReputationRep:
    You can resit individual modules, and some unis will allow you to resit the year provided you achieve AAA. Graduate entry medicine is incredibly competitive, and obviously more expensive too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaka92)
    hi all, i have to start applying for courses on my ucas now and i really have no idea what i want to do! i've always wanted to do medicine but dont think i can get in uni's with the AAB without resitting and i heard uni's dont really consider resits..
    so i was wondering whether taking the Biomedical science tranfer route is worth a try, does anyone know what the chances are of being transffered on medicine/dentistry from biomedical science? or any alternative routes of gettin into medicine?!
    I'm an AAB (Shocking on TSR aint it :P)
    Got into Medicine though

Trust me, graduate entry is so much harder, approximately 48 to 1 competition for places.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay.. so i guess some things are not meant to be if i cant do it first time. Thanx for your help

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up so easily. Are you saying that you won't achieve the AAB without doing resits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzi)
    Trust me, graduate entry is so much harder, approximately 48 to 1 competition for places.
    Which is why a large number of graduates end up on the 5 year undergrad programme.

ReputationRep:
    Apply for medicine anyway, make four of your UCAS choices medicine at unis that will take your predicted AAB and make your final choice biomedical science.

ReputationRep:
    Some places let you transfer from their biomedical science degree onto medicine (St. George's comes to mind) but be advised this is risky as of course there is no guarantee you'll transfer, and it's very often the case that out of a yeargroup of biomeds, only about the top 10% or so will even be given the chance to have an interview!

You'll be better off applying to medical schools that accept resitters first, then trying the biomed/graduate entry route.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.