Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does it normally take to work? I'm trying it out this week. I though it would be immediate but I can't find any answers on the web. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take to do what???? what results were you expecting??

ReputationRep:
    I done one for 6 weeks and i think it worked, it wasn't to lose weight though.
    Its really really hard tbh

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why you would cut out an entire category of foods for no reason.

I've been having stomach problems lol. I'm not just doing it for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I done one for 6 weeks and i think it worked, it wasn't to lose weight though.
    Its really really hard tbh
    Hmm.. I'm intrigued, what does it do exactly? What was the difference afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I had it cause I have gastro problems but have you actully been recommended to do this?
    It was a bloody nightmare for me- I had to cut out soya too.

ReputationRep:
    I had it cause I have gastro problems but have you actully been recommended to do this?
    It was a bloody nightmare for me- I had to cut out soya too.
    Oh.
    So it's not for weight loss hmm.. ohwell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya-ED)
    Hmm.. I'm intrigued, what does it do exactly? What was the difference afterwards?
    The thought I had a lactose intolerance so had to go on a 6 week diet without milk or soya, which is pretty much anything tinned anything microwaved and sor of processed food - only ready salted crisps, I couldn't have most sweets, couldn't eat in out except italians or chinese, most bread was banned, all forms or biscuits, crackers no cakes etc etc. Usually to help the digestive track
    The result was that I was ment to get better but it never happened :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Takes a short amount of time to flush out the old stuff but I mean ... as long as you weren't eating hoards of ice cream coated in a layer of grated parmesan I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

Pretty much as soon as those stomach acids get to-a-digestin'!

ReputationRep:
    The thought I had a lactose intolerance so had to go on a 6 week diet without milk or soya, which is pretty much anything tinned anything microwaved and sor of processed food - only ready salted crisps, I couldn't have most sweets, couldn't eat in out except italians or chinese, most bread was banned, all forms or biscuits, crackers no cakes etc etc. Usually to help the digestive track
    The result was that I was ment to get better but it never happened :laugh:
    LOL aww, gosh no bread, biscuits, cakes etc :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can get lactose free stuff. I pretty much live on it and gluten free stuff, cos I'm the unlucky buggar with both gluten and lactose intolerances.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.