Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't girls accept it when they are ugly? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    They are but generally they are nicer to you because they're not *****y and are scared of losing you so they won't be rude as much as good looking girls :tongue:
    So, in effect, you're saying personality is more important? I agree, if that be the case, but obviously still want to be attracted to my wife, physically. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooCharles)
    I think you're a vile concept, what makes you so perfect? Only people who are self obsessed about there own looks judge other people's. yes some people are ugly, but pointing it out is just nasty, you don't know who has read your message and then gone away feeling horrible.
    I don't recall ever stating that I am perfect. For all you know I could be a 20 stone fat guy :p:

This coming from a person who's judging me to be vile? so I guess that means you must be self obsessed about your own character and morals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    I completely agree. Fat girls should stay at home.
    Depends what you define as fat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    :console:

I'm sorry. :puppyeyes:

They do other wonderful things though, like feed babies. :moon:
    why was I not informed :mad:

*why is there a man in my room with a big needle, oh and look a really cool white jacket, who evers wearing that must have really long arms

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem, really? Does it offend you that people have confidence in something not necessarily physical? I mean who the hell comes up with the "ugly" and "beautiful" standards? The media? The media? The media? Of course not. It's the media.

I'm sorry, but (I'm not sorry) there is no definiton of what is ugly and what isn't. And just because you feel threatened by "ugly" opeople feeling confident is no reason for others to join you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    They are but generally they are nicer to you because they're not *****y and are scared of losing you so they won't be rude as much as good looking girls :tongue:
    You've met some **** good looking girls then mate.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls just don't care what they look like. Other guys, however, do not share your taste. Someone who you don't find attractive would be attractive to somebody else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++Hacker)
    I don't recall ever stating that I am perfect. For all you know I could be a 20 stone fat guy :p:

This coming from a person who's judging me to be vile? so I guess that means you must be self obsessed about your own character and morals?
    Morals? Your the one whose ****ging off people for the way they look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    What's the problem, really? Does it offend you that people have confidence in something not necessarily physical? I mean who the hell comes up with the "ugly" and "beautiful" standards? The media? The media? The media? Of course not. It's the media.

I'm sorry, but (I'm not sorry) there is no definiton of what is ugly and what isn't. And just because you feel threatened by "ugly" opeople feeling confident is no reason for others to join you.
    Everyone says it's the media but it's really not. Ugly and beautiful are relative personal concepts but men are biologically less attracted to fat women because they aren't healthy and won't produce healthy children. The media may have an effect on a few really weak-minded people but I'm not going to think of Mr X as 'hot' just because I get told so in a magazine.

ReputationRep:
    i lol'd but some of that is actually true and quite nastyyy but sometimes its also really really skinnnny girls with nothing like stick figures try and flaunt off what ever they have:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahRos)
    Everyone says it's the media but it's really not. Ugly and beautiful are relative personal concepts but men are biologically less attracted to fat women because they aren't healthy and won't produce healthy children. The media may have an effect on a few really weak-minded people but I'm not going to think of Mr X as 'hot' just because I get told so in a magazine.
    Even though it was only a little while ago that fat women were considered sexually attractive as it meant they were eating well, healthy and able to source food for the kids?

Hence all old paintings have plump women in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++Hacker)
    Why is it that ugly girls cannot accept the fact they are actually ugly?
    No, why can't you accept "the fact that ugly girls cannot accept the fact they are ugly"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    No, why can't you accept "the fact that ugly girls cannot accept the fact they are ugly"?
    :lolwut: Too confusing :sad:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TylerDurden)
    Everything these days is size 0
    This annoys me no end. People always whinge that the clothes shops only sell clothes that fit wee skinny girls, and pity the poor girls who need larger clothes and can never find anything nice.

I think if you stop to look in a high street shop you'll find that the most common sizes are 10/12/14 and you'll only find a couple of size 8, and very rarely a size 6. Hardly pandering to the "size 0" market, is it?

ReputationRep:
    if it bothers you so much, go gay.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I clearly overestimated your intelectual capabilities. You completely didn't understand the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Even though it was only a little while ago that fat women were considered sexually attractive as it meant they were eating well, healthy and able to source food for the kids?

Hence all old paintings have plump women in them.
    How fat are you calling fat? Because the media version of fat is sometimes just a size 12 or 14 which will only be what the OP is referring to if they are short with it and so look worse.

ReputationRep:
    http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...sitsthelaw.jpg

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    His observation was that he is morally 'in the wrong' according to you for claiming that some people are vile and yet here you are claiming that he is vile.. Why are you right to do so and him not?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly where your coming from mate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.