(Original post by jenny28)
    aww this is the best answer :love:
    Awww that is sooo cute :love:

ReputationRep:
    I guess you don't need those chocolates I bought for you

(snatches chocolates and stuffs face )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    how did you respond after your partner first said "I love you"?
    Never experienced it personally, but I know a guy who vomited upon being told by his girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is far too 'lovey-dovey' for my misanthropic taste ... :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Never experienced it personally, but I know a guy who vomited upon being told by his girlfriend.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I said it first..well sort of. I said it first properly. :rolleyes:
    It was really emotional.:redface: It was about 1am in the morning, the night before I was leaving for university. His taxi had arrived and we were saying goodbye, surrounded by all my stuff. Bear in mind, he'd only been home from America for 12 days, after having been out there for 10weeks.
    We were saying like, we've gotta get in touch, tell each other about our days all mushy stuff that was important to us to know.

He was about to go out the door and I grabbed him [I was crying] and said 'you'd better as hell stay in touch, cos I love you' and he put his forehead against mine and said 'i love you too silly' and his voice broke :love:

Then he went home.

And it's all well and good still =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    'um ... thankyou?'
    I know. It was stupid. We weren't in an official relationship, and I honestly didn't quittteee as potently. Obviously we had some talks after that. I
    It maybe stupid but its still awesome. That has to be the best response lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    No one's ever told me they love me.
    I love you ( NO HOMO )

ReputationRep:
    I told my boyfriend that I loved him the other night and he said ok, good night. and then I said ****

ReputationRep:
    no one's ever told me...and maybe i'll never be fortunate enough for someone to love me. but i would imagine it's the best feeling in the world, like nothing else matters. heck, i could have ants in my pants, and i wouldn't mind because as long as i've got her looking into my eyes and seeing her soulmate, the rest of the world is of no consequence. i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when one ex said it, after a whole THREE DAYS of a relationship...
    ...my reply, "no, you don't, you're just infatuated with me, you idolise me"

I think I also added, but might not have done, "don't worry, most women do, I'm great though, seriously, I'm the ******* man"

ReputationRep:
    I believe I said it first, and he said it back.
    First time he said it first, i just said "good." and he looked shocked so i laughed and said ti back :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gujii_Giirl)
    I was over the moon, great to know he felt the same way :love:
    so what's space like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticMaster)
    It maybe stupid but its still awesome. That has to be the best response lol.

Not for him.
    no sir.
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I said it first..well sort of. I said it first properly. :rolleyes:
    It was really emotional.:redface: It was about 1am in the morning, the night before I was leaving for university. His taxi had arrived and we were saying goodbye, surrounded by all my stuff. Bear in mind, he'd only been home from America for 12 days, after having been out there for 10weeks.
    We were saying like, we've gotta get in touch, tell each other about our days all mushy stuff that was important to us to know.

He was about to go out the door and I grabbed him [I was crying] and said 'you'd better as hell stay in touch, cos I love you' and he put his forehead against mine and said 'i love you too silly' and his voice broke :love:

Then he went home.

And it's all well and good still =]
    It's generally considered more socially acceptable to go out with guys after their voices break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    It's generally considered more socially acceptable to go out with guys after their voices break.
    this with some added :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    I don't get why people say it when they clearly don't mean it, and just say it to everyone and anyone.
    Cuz they dont know what love is:cool:

ReputationRep:
    lol 'err..thanks?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    haha i like you!
    hehe, thnx:cool: (Y)

I said 'I love you' back but in retrospect that was pretty stupid of me. Also, I wasn't very surprised when I heard it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.