Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how did you respond after your partner first said "I love you"? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine ran as far from me as possible

ReputationRep:
    "Awesome, now make me a sandwich"

ReputationRep:
    I burst into tears and told him I loved him too!

ReputationRep:
    I was a right cow to him. :-( I was 14 at the time and confused... but that's no excuse. Essentially, I ruined him. I shall never, ever forgive myself.

ReputationRep:
    No-one's ever told me they love me. :nope:

ReputationRep:
    "No you don't" and swiftly removed myself from his car, speed walked across the drive to my house and knocked on the door with quite some urgency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    Cuz they dont know what love is:cool:
    I guess so!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't in a relationship when it was said to me. I was surprised and caught on the spot and didn't know how to act. I didn't say it back and now I regret and keep thinking about what could have happened.

ReputationRep:
    Well she gave me a kiss and she gave me my ticket, I put my walkman on, said I might as well kick it!

ReputationRep:
    "as a friend or are you in love with me?"

ReputationRep:
    "I feel like Alan Partridge"

I'm not even joking

ReputationRep:
    I was relieved..seeing as i'd just told him i loved him Was glad he felt the same way

ReputationRep:
    I jizzed in my pants

ReputationRep:
    What is love?

ReputationRep:
    Never had a partner, but someone once let out their undying love for me on MSN (I barely knew them...).
    I was just like "k thanks".

ReputationRep:
    I ran for the hills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.C.G)
    I turned 360 degrees and walked away.
    If you turned 360° that means you were facing here again... I think you mean 180° :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.C.G)
    I turned 360 degrees and walked away.
    As long as you both did the same, you wouldn't have knocked heads.

Wait whut?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember but she definitely said it first. I imagine I didn't immediately reply with "love you too", even if I did just so that it didn't look like I was just saying it because she'd said it to me...

To me love is just a word used to describe an even stronger attraction and feeling of compassion towards another human than you would reasonably expect to feel. It's not as big a deal as people make out.

ReputationRep:
    "thats nice"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.